This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been whipping the
State while teaching an average of 110 students per year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class!
It's a matter of public record:
I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
And I'm North Carolina's 2016 Top-Scoring Science Teacher.
I've done it with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
and No Test-Prep books or programs.
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Calculate and Record in a single Data Pattern Table the DENSITY for pairs of Copper, Silver, Gold, Palladium & Platinum specimens that have different shapes (Sphere & Cube), different Mass & different Volume
[Teachers NOTE: you DON'T need these specimens; I've provided actual specimen dimensions - your students just have to crunch the numbers, calculate DENSITY - and discover that specimen shapes and dimensions may change, BUT density does NOT: Density is a unique, identifying and intensive property!]
2) Fill-in a total of 10 cells in 1 Data Pattern Table
3) Answer 7 Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-choice questions based on their Calculations & Observations in the preceding Data Pattern Table
4) Calculate and Record in a different Data Pattern Table the DENSITY for 11 objects, split into 5 sets of unique substances with varying Shape, Mass and Volume (e.g. Glass vase & Shattered Glass bit)
5) Fill-in a total of 22 cells in this second Data Pattern Table
6) Answer 25 Multiple-choice questions based on their Calculations & Observations in this second Data Pattern Table
7) Discover that Density:
Is a unique & identifying physical property;
Is an INTENSIVE PROPERTY (unlike mass & volume)
8) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
9) Be trained to Calculate Density, and understand & use it as a unique, identifying and INTENSIVE property methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Physical Science Physical Property Particle Packing Density Mass Volume Calculating Density Identifying Elements Substances Density of irregular solids Density of Liquids Density of Water Density Anomaly Density Inversion Intensive Properties Extensive Properties Density as an Intensive Property Density as a Unique Substance-Specific Property Temperature's Effect on Density Calculating Density by Displacement Calculating Density of Regular Geometric Solids Rectangular Prisms Cubes Density of Elements Water's Density Anomaly Density Layers Density Columns Density Layer Columns Using Density to Identify Unknowns Identifying Unknowns by their with using Density