This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been whipping the
State while teaching an average of 110 students per year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class!
It's a matter of public record:
I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
And I'm North Carolina's 2016 Top-Scoring Science Teacher.
I've done it with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
and No Test-Prep books or programs.
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Complete 2 Graphics or Illustrations in the shape of a couple of layered Graduated Cylinders or Beakers - one labeled 'If Water were like most substances' and the other labeled 'Water's Density Anomaly'
2) Read factually-dense information below each graphic
3) Write a select phrase in the correctly matched layers above using two Phrase Banks, each comprised of six phrases (i.e. Student will write a total of 12 phrases)
4) Calculate Celsius to Kelvin and Fahrenheit conversions in a Data Table for Ice and Water at 6 Temperatures
5) Fill-in a total of 12 cells in 1 Data Table
6) Answer 10 Multiple-choice questions based on their Calculations & Observations in the preceding Data Table & Graphic/Illustrations
7) Discover how most substances' Density typically behaves or changes with Temperature and Phase
8) Discover that Water exhibits a Density Anomaly or Inversion, and that this exception to the rule is essential to life
9) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
10) Be trained to understand how Density typically changes with temperature & phase - and how it changes exceptionally with Water methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Physical Science Physical Property Particle Packing Density Mass Volume Calculating Density Identifying Elements Substances Density of irregular solids Density of Liquids Density of Water Density Anomaly Density Inversion Intensive Properties Extensive Properties Density as an Intensive Property Density as a Unique Substance-Specific Property Temperature's Effect on Density Calculating Density by Displacement Calculating Density of Regular Geometric Solids Rectangular Prisms Cubes Density of Elements Water's Density Anomaly Density Layers Density Columns Density Layer Columns Using Density to Identify Unknowns Identifying Unknowns by their with using Density