This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been whipping the
State while teaching an average of 110 students per year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class!
It's a matter of public record:
I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
And I'm North Carolina's 2016 Top-Scoring Science Teacher.
I've done it with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
and No Test-Prep books or programs.
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Write a Note-Table from their own notes & readings, or from teacher-led or group discussions on the importance of Density in 6 categories:
Density for your Survival & Health
Density Builds the Earth & Atmosphere
Density Moves & Changes the Earth
Density Keeps the Fish Alive
Density for Energy & Defense
Density for Fun & Money
2) Perform 10 calculations for either Mass or Volume or Density when given two of the three in a Data Table
3) Fill-in a total of 10 cells in a Data Table
4) Answer 7 Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-choice questions based on their Calculations & Observations in the preceding Data Table
5) Complete by both Drawing & Writing, 2 Graphic Organizers depicting and explaining how & why relative Density can be easily determined for most 2-object comparisons - without actually calculating it!
6) Answer 40 Multiple-choice questions and 1 Short-answer question based on their Notes, Calculations & Observations in the preceding Note-Table, Data Table and Graphic Organizers
Density's importance to life, geology & society
What Density is mathematically and how it can be used to determine missing Mass or Volume
What Density is and is NOT conceptually
That Density determines whether submerged objects sink or float
How & Why relative Density can be easily determined in most 2-Object comparisons - without actually calculating it!
8) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
9) Be trained to Calculate Density as a ratio and thoroughly understand it as a concept methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Physical Science Physical Property Particle Packing Density Mass Volume Calculating Density Identifying Elements Substances Density of irregular solids Density of Liquids Density of Water Density Anomaly Density Inversion Intensive Properties Extensive Properties Density as an Intensive Property Density as a Unique Substance-Specific Property Temperature's Effect on Density Calculating Density by Displacement Calculating Density of Regular Geometric Solids Rectangular Prisms Cubes Density of Elements Water's Density Anomaly Density Layers Density Columns Density Layer Columns Using Density to Identify Unknowns Identifying Unknowns by their with using Density