This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been handily beating the
State while teaching an average of 110 students every year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class! It's a matter of public
record: I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
All this - and with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
No Test-Prep books,
and just 38 minutes for Science class.
THAT is what I less-than-humbly call 'Teacher Effectiveness.'
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Analyze a Data Table comparing Water to 16 other relatively small and/or light compound molecules & element molecules:
2) Complete the Data Table for Water's:
Mass in A.M.U.
Presence or Lack of Intermolecular Hydrogen-bonding
Phase at Room Temperature
3) Answer 32 Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-choice questions - and 1 short-answer question- based on their Analysis & Observations of the preceding Data Table
4) Analyze and Complete a Data Pattern Table comparing H2O to the other Group 16 Hydrides:
5) Answer an additional 11 Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-choice questions based on their Analysis and Observations of that 2nd Data Table
6) Discover Water's structure and polarity enable Intermolecular Hydrogen-bonding
7) Discover that Water's Intermolecular Hydrogen-bonding is responsible for many of its exceptional properties
8) Discover that molecular shape has a profound effect on Physical Properties such as Boiling Point
9) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
10) Be trained to Idenitfy and Explain some of Water's exceptional properties methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Physical Science Water's Unique Special Physical Properties Polar Water's Polarity Water's Hydrogen Bonding Hydrogen-Bonding between Water Molecules Water's Cohesion Cohesion between Water Molecules Adhesion Water's Capillary Action Capillary Action of Water Melting Point Boiling Point Water's Boiling Point Colligative Properties Heating Graph of Water Water's Heating Curve Phase Change Phase Change Diagram Phase Changes Water's Density Density of Water Density Anomaly Density Inversion Water's Density Anomaly Inversion Water's Surface Tension Measuring Surface Tension Water's Specific Heat Capacity Water's Latent Heat Enthalpy of Fusion Water's Latent Heat Enthalpy of Vaporization Dissolving Homogenous Mixture Solution Heterogeneous Mixture Miscible Immiscible Soluble Insoluble Solubility Solvent Solute Water is the Universal Solvent Solubility and Temperature