This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been whipping the
State while teaching an average of 110 students per year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class!
It's a matter of public record:
I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
And I'm North Carolina's 2016 Top-Scoring Science Teacher.
I've done it with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
and No Test-Prep books or programs.
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Analyze & Complete a Data Table comparing Water's Formula, Mass, Sourc of Cohesive Force, Boiling Point and Surface Tension to 13 other substances:
2) Analyze & Complete a Data Pattern Table for Water's Surface Tension at: 0, 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 C.
3) Answer 20 Multiple-choice questions based on their Analysis & Observations of the preceding Data Tables
4) Discover that Water's strong intermolecular Hydrogen-bonding is responsible for its High Surface Tension
5) Discover that Water's Temperature and Surface Tension are inversely related - that as Temperature increases, Surface Tension decreases
6) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
7) Be trained to Define and Explain Water's High Surface Tension and its relationship to Temperature methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Physical Science Water's Unique Special Physical Properties Polar Water's Polarity Water's Hydrogen Bonding Hydrogen-Bonding between Water Molecules Water's Cohesion Cohesion between Water Molecules Adhesion Water's Capillary Action Capillary Action of Water Melting Point Boiling Point Water's Boiling Point Colligative Properties Heating Graph of Water Water's Heating Curve Phase Change Phase Change Diagram Phase Changes Water's Density Density of Water Density Anomaly Density Inversion Water's Density Anomaly Inversion Water's Surface Tension Measuring Surface Tension Water's Specific Heat Capacity Water's Latent Heat Enthalpy of Fusion Water's Latent Heat Enthalpy of Vaporization Dissolving Homogenous Mixture Solution Heterogeneous Mixture Miscible Immiscible Soluble Insoluble Solubility Solvent Solute Water is the Universal Solvent Solubility and Temperature