Interested in starting up a Lending Library book borrowing system in your classroom? This resource has everything you need!
Included in this resource, you will find:
- [English/Spanish] Lending Library Contract:
- to be shared with families before students begin borrowing books
- [English] Lending Library Checkout pages:
- 2 pages provided for you to hand write on (one page for the class, one page to be used per student if you would like)
- 4 EDITABLE pages provided for the class
- 30 EDITABLE pages provided that allow you to personalize each sheet for
your students with a cartoon kid in each corner (if you delete the "type here" boxes, these pages can also be used to write on by hand!)
- [English/Spanish] "Return By" reminders:
- Slip these reminders into your student's book take-home bags as a reminder
of when the books are due!
- [English/Spanish] Book Care Rules:
- a visual reminder of ways to treat and handle a book, to be sent home with
your students so they can remember to be careful!
- [English/Spanish] Questions to Ask While Reading:
- Prompting questions for parents to ask their child when they are reading a
book together. Who knows where these questions may lead?? Pro tip: print
back-to-back the "Book Care Rules" with the "Questions to Ask While
Reading," laminate, and slip into the book bag
We hope you find these resources helpful in creating and supporting your Lending Library! Please leave us some feedback in our store and let us know how these resources helped your young readers! :)