I was inspired to create these cards by tutors in our local Family Literacy Program. The parents they were working with wanted to help their children but didn’t know how.
I designed these Bilingual Reading Comprehension Prompts for use by dual language, mainstream, and ESL teachers, as well as the Spanish speaking parents and their tutors
- Encourage discussion
- Questions are worded so they can be used with any text
- Skills are color coded so you can practice one skill set at a time.
o Author’s Purpose – Yellow
o Characters – Purple
o Story Plot – Green
o Infer - Brown
- Icons reinforce the meaning of the academic language
- Every card is bilingual
- Incorporate academic language
- Stimulate higher level thinking
- Engage students in class discussion
- Introduce test-type questions in a student friendly format
- 28 task cards
- 4 posters
- Printing instructions for mini-sets
- Bilingual letter showing parents how to help at home
Please follow me by clicking on the green star to receive updates on new products and strategies.
P.S. Don't forget your FREE resources! All you have to do is leave feedback, and you will earn credits towards a purchase.