This packet comes with six different lessons that deal with school issues where the students rights may have been violated and students will choose whether or not the school administrator had the right to do what they did based on the Bill of Rights. There are followup questions to get the students to think beyond what they just read. The students will then write an argument in support of the administrator or the students.
What you get in the packet:
Each lesson comes with a short story of the scenario like a student being searched in school. It also comes with questions and instructions on how to write an essay if you choose to take the lesson further.
Here are the titles of the six lessons:
1. Students Searched in School: 4th Amendment
2. Fight at School: No Trial! 5th Amendment
3. Students Organize to Protest School Problems and are Suspended: 1st Amendment
4. Principal Censors School Newspaper: 1st Amendment
5. Prayer at a School Football Game: 1st Amendment
6. Students Car is Searched at School: 4th Amendment