- This resource includes an editable 18-slide power point lecture and student cloze notes on the process in which a bill becomes a law. The power point is complete with information, images, video clips, and discussion and review questions. Each slide also has additional teacher notes in the presenter
- This activity is designed to reinforce the congressional bill to law process. After learning the steps in which Congress passes a law, this activity will help students put it all together by walking through the steps to pass a fictional gun control act. The activity comes in two versions- standard a
- This item presents a detailed flowchart of the bill to law process. While many charts only list the basic steps, this one adds additional information students will need to know about the process. For instance, it lists the options committees have when they they receive a bill and explains the purpos
- This interactive 2-3 day Mock Congress simulation is a great way to bring the bill-to-law process to life! The product includes 2 Mock Congress options- one that uses the traditional Congressional setting and parties and one that uses your school campus as the backdrop and places staff/faculty and s
- This Legislative Branch Bundle for AP® U.S. Government includes 2.5 weeks of resources, including warm-ups, lectures, student notes/graphic organizers, interactive activities, review games, and updated assessments for the 2019 revision! You will receive 12 individual products, plus a bonus folder wi$41.25$33.00Save $8.25
- This AP Government Course includes ALL of my AP® U.S. Government and Politics course products at 15% off!! The bundle is organized by unit and includes warm-ups, lectures, activities, review games, vocabulary quizzes, tests, and more! The resources in this bundle have been updated to reflect the red$347.50$295.00Save $52.50
This bill to law bundle includes multiple resources that you can use over 4 days to teach the bill to law process. You will receive a power point lecture to explain the process to students, corresponding cloze notes, a Mock Congress simulation, review activity, and visual flowchart that students can use as a study tool. You will receive all of these products at 15% off their original price, which comes out to only $2 a day! Everything is ready to go and includes detailed teacher directions to successfully use each resource in your classroom. This bundle has options and is great for either general or advanced U.S. Government classes!
Included in the bundle:
1. How a Bill Becomes a Law: Lecture and Cloze Notes (EDITABLE): Includes an 18-slide power point lecture that outlines the process in which a bill becomes a law, from the initial idea all the way to the president's desk. Student cloze notes also included, so students can follow along.
2. Mock Congress Simulation: This simulation will engage students in the bill to law process as they write bills, serve on committees, debate bills, and represent the interests of their parties. This resource comes with two simulation options and comes with all of the instructions, templates, and handouts needed to implement it successfully in your classroom.
3. Bill to Law Review Activity (EDITABLE): This review activity comes in two versions: standard and advanced. Students will reconstruct the steps of the bill to law process, using a real life example. Key Included!
Check out these other great U.S. Government resources available in my store:
Earn credits for your valuable feedback!
After you purchase a product, return to your “My Purchases” page and provide feedback on this product. You’ll earn credits, which will give you discounts on your future TPT purchases. Your positive feedback is always appreciated!
Visit my store and click on the green star to follow me and receive product updates: Holly's Social Studies Store.
You can also follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.