Binomial Nomenclature - Taxonomy and Classification - Practice PowerPoint and Handouts.
Students learn about taxonomy, Carolus Linneaus and binomial nomenclature. Then, students practice using binomial nomenclature by naming organisms using their skills of observation to identify unique characteristics about those organisms. This product is also found in our Life Science Curriculum Classification Unit Bundle
What students do:
* Take notes on the history of binomial nomenclature and how scientific names are written.
* Practice naming organisms by observing their visible traits and using root words to identify those traits.
This lesson is perfectly aligned with our Incredulous Critters Dichotomous Key Activity
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Classification Vocabulary Lesson
- Classification Task Cards
- Classification Cootie Catcher Study Tool
- Classification Interactive Notebook Six Kingdoms Puzzle
- Classification Word Wall
We aim to please. Before leaving feedback, please contact us via "Ask a Question" and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Classification: A Cat by Any Other Name Binomial Nomenclature Practice by © 2015 Getting Nerdy