Bio Poems can be auto or biographical poems and consist of 11 lines. Students can write a poem about themselves or about anyone else, leaving the topics virtually unlimited to choose from!
In this product you will have TWO options/formats for the instructions in a VERY user-friendly layout, as well as 8 real student examples of both the Bio and Autbio Poems! See the preview file to know what you are buying and see student examples!
When or How could I incorporate Bio Poems??
• Back to School-
This is the first lesson I teach in August! It is nice and easy, newcomer students can easily pick it up, and it teaches me a LOT about my students. I know their likes, their sibblings, their fears, and their wants.. in 11 lines! It's also bright, colorful artwork that fills my classroom bulletin boards within the week.
• As an icebreaker-
have students come to the front of the class and share their Bio Poem. They aren't as nervous because they can just read from their paper!
• History/Social Studies-
have students write a Bio Poem about a past President, Battle leader, or any historical person! These poems put the reader into that person's shoes as they make educated guesses about their likes and fears!
Anne Frank, Abe Lincoln, Santa Anna, Sam Houston, George Washington, etc.!!
• ELA classes-
have students write a Bio Poem about a character from the class story or novel they just finished! Better than a summer reading book report!! Also excellent in an ELA writing center or station!
• Black History Month-
let students choose an important figure to them and celebrate Black History Month with these hanging up around school!
• AVID and Speech classes-
not only does this fulfill the writing component of the curriculum, but also the inquiry AND practice with public speaking if you have them come to the front of the room and share them out loud!
Bio Poems can increase in rigor when used for autobiographical poems!
**** Additional AVID Products that You Might Love ****
• AVID MEGA BUNDLE!! Costa’s Cards, Learning Logs, Public Speaking Games, College Pennant Project, GPA Sheets, Community Service Trackers and more!
• Vision Boards- Creative Goal-Setting for the New Year- *TPT Top Seller*
• Costa’s Levels of Questioning-Posters and Task Cards *TPT Top Seller*
• Public Speaking Games to overcome Stage Fright!
• College themed BINGO with words like Tuition, Scholarships, GPA, etc.
• CollegeWeek Vocabulary Books
• College Icebreaker Discussion Cards
• College Research Fact Sheet and Design a College Pennant Project
• One page College Research Sheet
• Honor Roll Grades Tracker
• Teaching Study Skills to AVID Students
• Managing Stress and Anxiety Handout
• Binder Organization Template
• AVID Recruiting Cover Page-EDITABLE
• Fun Fridays-Team Trivia
• AVID themed BINGO, words like TRF, 3 Ring Binder, Cornell Notes, etc.
• AVID Team-Building, Fun Friday Trivia Game-100 Cards
• AVID Icebreakers- Would You Rather Questions
• Community Service Tracker- Option 1
• Community Service Tracker- Option 2
• AVID SuperPower Recruiting Posters
• AVID Learning Logs-EDITABLE FILE
• Writing BioPoems
• The Monsters are due on Maple Street- Complete 40 page Unit and Supplemental Activities-GREAT Play for AVID
Thank you for downloading!
****Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating on purchased items to receive TpT credits towards future purchases. That's like FREE MONEY!!!
Click Here to Follow My Store!