Also included in
- The number of new vocabulary words presented to students in our science classes can be overwhelming. Many students need and benefit from additional practice and review. Spice up your review activities using these fun Google Sheets Hidden Picture Reveal Games. This bundle consists of 3 resources (7$10.80$16.98Save $6.18
Review the vocabulary terms found in your Biochemistry Unit using these fun Hidden Picture Reveal games. This resource is a set of four digital Google Sheets games that cover the vocabulary and concepts of biochemistry and the chemistry of life. This activity is designed to be used in Google Sheets and shared to your students via Google Classroom or to students own Google Drives. This resource is a paperless, digital review and reinforcement activity that must be completed on a laptop or iPad. This activity is not designed to be a “printable” resource.
TRY THIS FREE GAME FIRST!
To make sure this type of activity is a good fit for you and your students, download and try my free digital Metric Prefixes Google Sheets Hidden Picture Reveal Game.
The following topics are covered:
- The Nature of Matter: Atoms, elements, isotopes, compounds.
- Chemical bonds: Ionic, covalent, polar covalent, non polar covalent.
- The Properties of Water: The polarity of water, hydrogen bonding, solutions, solute, solvent, mixtures, homogeneous, heterogeneous, cohesion, adhesion, evaporative cooling.
- The pH scale: Acids, bases, buffers.
- Carbon compounds: Organic, inorganic, properties of carbon, functional groups, carboxyl, hydroxyl, amino, phosphate.
- Macromolecules: Definition, polymers, monomers, polymerization, condensation reaction, hydrolysis reaction.
- Carbohydrates: Structure, characteristics, monomers, monosaccharides, disaccharides, polysaccharides, starch, glycogen, cellulose.
- Lipids: Structure, characteristics, monomers, saturated, unsaturated, triglycerides, phospholipids, waxes.
- Proteins: Structure, characteristics, monomers, polypeptides, peptide bonds, enzymes, active site.
- Nucleic acids: Structure, monomers, functions.
This activity consists of 4 games. Each game has 25 questions.
- Game 1: The Nature of Matter and Chemical Bonds
- Game 2: The Properties of Water
- Game 3: Carbon Compounds and Carbohydrates
- Game 4: Lipids, Proteins, Enzymes, and Nucleic Acids
Please note the following about this activity:
- Due to the nature of this activity, you will not be able to edit the questions or answers used in the activity.
- This is a digital activity only. This resource is not designed to be a printable resource.
How does the activity work?
Students are given a list of 25 questions or problems in Google Sheets along with a hidden mystery picture. The student must type in the correct answer for each definition or problem. If the student types in the correct answer, the space in the Google Sheet will turn green and a piece of the hidden picture will be automatically revealed. If the student types in the wrong answer, the space will turn red, and the picture piece remains hidden. The answers must be spelled correctly, which is an added benefit of the activity.
Watch the video preview to see exactly how the game will work. Also, click on the preview to see the vocabulary terms used in each game.
What is included in your download folder?
- Links to Four Hidden Picture Review Games in Google Sheets
- Printable Student Worksheets (No Word Banks)
- Printable Student Worksheets (With Word Banks)
- Teacher Guide and Answer Key
- Teacher Guide to Google Apps
The number of new vocabulary words and science skills presented to students in our science classes can be overwhelming. Many students need and benefit from additional practice using the terms, definitions, and problems in a chapter or unit. This activity provides a fun way to study and review the vocabulary used in the Biochemistry chapter of a traditional high school biology textbook. Best of all, students get immediate feedback when they type in an answer. The hidden picture will not be revealed when incorrect answers are entered.
Other Google Sheets Hidden Picture Games Include:
- The Scientific Method
- Lab Safety Rules
- Identification of Lab Equipment
- The Microscope
- DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis - 3 Game Set
- Introduction to Biology - 2 Game Set
- Cell Structure (Organelles) - Set of 4 Games
- Cellular Respiration - 3 Game Set
- Photosynthesis - 3 Game Set
- Cell Division (Mitosis and Meiosis) - 3 Game Set
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: