Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on "Biochemistry: The Chemistry of Life" includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Many of the resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. Resources include an 88-Slide Powerpoint presentation packed witPrice $45.99Original Price $58.71Save $12.72
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This Printable and Digital curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so completePrice $535.00Original Price $963.91Save $428.91
This printable or digital resource is an organic compounds Mix-n-Match Card Sort Game used to reinforce and review the four groups of macromolecules: Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins, and Nucleic Acids. Students will match descriptions and pictures to the correct organic compound group. This resource is editable and is easily differentiated for students of different grade levels and ability levels.
What is included in this product?
- 4 Large Printable and Editable Compound Cards
- 75 Printable and Editable Answer Cards
- Paperless, digital Google Apps Version for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar.
- 8 Page Teacher Guide and Answer Key
- Printable and Editable Student Answer Sheet
- Teacher Guide to Google Apps
- An edible set of blank cards is included in case you want to add something of your own to the game.
What will the students be doing?
Students will place the 4 larger organic compound cards on a table. They will read an answer card and place that card with the correct macromolecule. The answer cards include pictures and characteristics of each of the groups of macromolecules.
- Please Note: The digital version is in a "drag and drop" format. In Google Slides, students will place each answer card with the correct organic compound group.
Extremely Low Prep! Once you download the product, you are just minutes away from using this game with your class. Simply:
- You now have a review game that can be used year after year after year.
Highly adapted for students of different grades or ability levels. This particular game is extremely versatile. Make the game as easy or as hard as you want by selecting which “answer cards” you want to use. This game can be tailored to meet the needs of any life science or biology class. For an advanced class, use all of the answer cards. For a younger class, or a lower level class, pick fewer answer cards to use in the game.
Because you tailor the game to meet your needs, this product is suitable for any life science or biology class in grades 7-12.
I have included a student answer sheet. It is an optional component. If you choose, you can use the answer sheet to have the student record each answer statement. The completed answer sheet makes a perfect study guide for the unit test.
How can this card sort game be used?
- Card Sort Classwork Activity
- Competitive Game Format:
- First Day Instruction:
- Review and Reinforcement
- End of Course Test Prep
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: