Biochemistry Macromolecule Lab Testing For Organic Compounds
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on "Biochemistry: The Chemistry of Life" includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Many of the resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. Resources include an 88-Slide Powerpoint presentation packed witPrice $45.99Original Price $60.45Save $14.46
- Nothing generates excitement like a great lab activity. Whether the topic is cells, biochemistry, genetics, mitosis, or the compound microscope, these 15 Must-Do Labs will ensure your students master the concepts. From DNA to dichotomous keys to enzymes, this bundle provides quality lab activities oPrice $37.00Original Price $48.99Save $11.99
- This NO PREP, PRINTABLE, EDITABLE, AND DIGITAL Biology Curriculum contains everything you need for an entire year of Biology! For less than $3 a day, you can save your time, energy, and sanity. Each of the 20 Complete Units includes a teaching PowerPoint presentation, notes, labs, homework assignmenPrice $535.00Original Price $982.16Save $447.16
What types of organic compounds are contained in the foods we eat? This lab activity is a two-part activity. First, students will learn the indicator tests for sugars, starches, proteins, fats, and vitamin C using known solutions. Once the students understand how to complete these tests, they will test a wide variety of foods to see what compounds are contained in each food.
Use this lab during your biochemistry unit for grades 9-12. This is a really fun lab that your students will love. Not only will this lab review and reinforce your teaching on organic compounds, it teaches correct lab procedures and protocols as well.
PURPOSE OF THE LAB:
- To learn the chemical tests for certain organic molecules including sugars, starches, proteins, lipids, vitamin C and salt.
- To perform tests on known solutions of organic compounds to learn the positive tests for these organic compounds.
- To test several different foods of unknown composition to determine what organic compounds they contain.
Test tubes, Test tube racks, Glucose solution, Starch solution, Protein solution, Fat or oil, Iodine, Benedict's solution, Biuret solution, Brown paper, Hot water bath, Vitamin C solution, Indophenol, NaCl solution, Silver nitrate, a variety of foods.
I have included two different versions of this lab. One is slight more complex than the other. Which one I use depends upon the ability levels of my students from year to year. For each lab you will receive a pdf version and a Word document so that you can make changes if you wish.
You can choose to have students write their own lab report, or you can use the included student data sheets.
Related Products Include:
Biochemistry Complete Unit Plan Bundle
The Chemistry of Biology Powerpoint and Notes
Macromolecules Color by Number Activity
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
Organic Compounds Mix/Match Game
Biochemistry Homework Assignment and Study Guide Worksheets
Organic Compounds Quiz/Homework/Review
Biochemistry quizzes--Set of 2
Lab: How Do Cells Deal With Changes in pH?
Test: The Chemistry of Life (Biochemistry)
Lab: Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com