Biochemistry Macromolecules Organic Compounds Jeopardy Review Games
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on "Biochemistry: The Chemistry of Life" includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Many of the resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. Resources include an 88-Slide Powerpoint presentation packed witPrice $45.99Original Price $60.45Save $14.46
- This NO PREP, PRINTABLE, EDITABLE, AND DIGITAL Biology Curriculum contains everything you need for an entire year of Biology! For less than $3 a day, you can save your time, energy, and sanity. Each of the 20 Complete Units includes a teaching PowerPoint presentation, notes, labs, homework assignmenPrice $535.00Original Price $982.16Save $447.16
Provide a fantastic review for your students with these jeopardy review games on biochemistry, organic compounds, and the chemistry of life. Students love to review in a competitive game format. In these games students will review the chemistry and biochemistry concepts typically found at the beginning of any traditional Biology I textbook. Detailed list of concepts can be found below.
Suitable for Biology and Life Science Students in Grades 9 and up!
Each game has 6 categories and each category has 5 questions. This gives you a total of 90 review questions on biochemistry. A "Teacher Guide" is also included with instructions on how to play the games.
I use these review games when teaching my unit on biochemistry to first year biology students.
This powerpoint jeopardy game consists of 63 slides. The game is limited to 30 questions, but the game is editable. Simply delete some of my questions and add some of your own to make this review game more applicable to your students.
The topics covered include the following:
- The Nature of Matter: Atoms, subatomic particles, mass and charges of the subatomic particles.
- Elements: Definitions, isotopes, radioactive isotopes, practical uses of radioactive isotopes, the nature of compounds.
- Chemical Bonds: Definitions and examples of ionic and covalent bonds, polar molecules, polar covalent bonds, nonpolar covalent bonds.
- Properties of Water: The polarity of water molecules, hydrogen bonding, hydrogen bonds in ice, liquid water, and water vapor, cohesion and adhesion.
- Mixtures, Solutions, and Suspensions: Definitions, homogeneous and heterogenous solutions, solute, solvent.
- Reasons why water makes life possible.
- Acids, Bases, and pH: The pH scale, definitions of acids and bases, buffers, why buffers are essential to the life of a cell.
- Carbon Compounds: The difference between organic and inorganic compounds, the characteristics of carbon that allow for the building of a large variety of biological molecules.
- Functional Groups: Definition of functional group and their role in chemical reactions. Four common functional groups are covered: Hydroxyl, carboxyl, amino, and phosphate groups.
- Macromolecules; Definition of macromolecule, groups of macromolecules, polymerization, monomers, polymers, condensation reactions, hydrolysis reactions
- Carbohydrates: Examples of carbohydrates, characteristics of carbohydrates, building blocks or monomers of carbohydrates, functions of carbohydrates in cells, monosaccharides, disaccharides, polysaccharides, starch, glycogen, cellulose.
- Lipids: Examples of lipids, characteristics of lipids, building blocks or monomers of lipids, nonpolar nature of lipids, fatty acids, glycerol, saturated and unsaturated fats, triglycerides, phospholipids, waxes.
- Proteins: Examples of proteins, characteristics of proteins, building blocks or monomers of proteins, the structure of amino acids, dipeptides, polypeptides, the relationship between shape and function of proteins.
- Enzymes: Definitions and the role of enzymes in cells, equation for how an enzyme works, substrate molecules, active site, products.
- Nucleic Acids: Brief introduction to nucleic acids, two type of nucleic acids, building blocks of nucleic acids.
Related resources include:
The Chemistry of Biology Powerpoint and Notes
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
Organic Compounds Mix/Match Game
Biochemistry Google Sheets Hidden Picture Reveal Activities - 4 Game Set
Biochemistry Homework Assignment and Study Guide Worksheets
Lab: Testing for Organic Compounds in Foods
Macromolecules Color by Number Activity
Lab: Catalase in Plant and Animal Cells
Organic Compounds Homework or Quiz
Organic Compounds Graphic Organizer
Lab: Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Biochemistry Quizzes - Set of 2
Lab: How Do Cells Deal With Changes in pH?
Test: The Chemistry of Life (Biochemistry)
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store: