Biochemistry Macromolecules Unit Test
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on "Biochemistry: The Chemistry of Life" includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Many of the resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. Resources include an 88-Slide Powerpoint presentation packed witPrice $45.99Original Price $60.45Save $14.46
- This NO PREP, PRINTABLE, EDITABLE, AND DIGITAL Biology Curriculum contains everything you need for an entire year of Biology! For less than $3 a day, you can save your time, energy, and sanity. Each of the 20 Complete Units includes a teaching PowerPoint presentation, notes, labs, homework assignmenPrice $535.00Original Price $982.16Save $447.16
This unit test / final assessment for your lessons on biochemistry and organic compounds is an editable test bank of questions that will allow you to make the perfect unit test for your life science or biology students in grades 9 - 12. There are 84 questions of varying formats on the test : Multiple choice, fill in the blank, and short answer. All answers are included. Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version.
This resource includes:
- Editable and Printable 7-Page Unit Test
- Paperless Digital Version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Teacher Answer Key
- User Guide for Google Apps
This unit test was written to accompany my Biochemistry Bundle, but can be successfully used with any chapter on organic compounds from a traditional high school biology textbook.
The topics covered include the following:
- The Nature of Matter: Atoms, subatomic particles, mass and charges of the subatomic particles.
- Elements: Definitions, isotopes, radioactive isotopes, practical uses of radioactive isotopes, the nature of compounds.
- Chemical Bonds: Definitions and examples of ionic and covalent bonds, polar molecules, polar covalent bonds, nonpolar covalent bonds.
- Properties of Water: The polarity of water molecules, hydrogen bonding, hydrogen bonds in ice, liquid water, and water vapor, cohesion and adhesion.
- Mixtures, Solutions, and Suspensions: Definitions, homogeneous and heterogenous solutions, solute, solvent.
- Reasons why water makes life possible.
- Acids, Bases, and pH: The pH scale, definitions of acids and bases, buffers, why buffers are essential to the life of a cell.
- Carbon Compounds: The difference between organic and inorganic compounds, the characteristics of carbon that allow for the building of a large variety of biological molecules.
- Functional Groups: Definition of functional group and their role in chemical reactions. Four common functional groups are covered: Hydroxyl, carboxyl, amino, and phosphate groups.
- Macromolecules; Definition of macromolecule, groups of macromolecules, polymerization, monomers, polymers, condensation reactions, hydrolysis reactions
- Carbohydrates: Examples of carbohydrates, characteristics of carbohydrates, building blocks or monomers of carbohydrates, functions of carbohydrates in cells, monosaccharides, disaccharides, polysaccharides, starch, glycogen, cellulose.
- Lipids: Examples of lipids, characteristics of lipids, building blocks or monomers of lipids, nonpolar nature of lipids, fatty acids, glycerol, saturated and unsaturated fats, triglycerides, phospholipids, waxes.
- Proteins: Examples of proteins, characteristics of proteins, building blocks or monomers of proteins, the structure of amino acids, dipeptides, polypeptides, the relationship between shape and function of proteins.
- Enzymes: Definitions and the role of enzymes in cells, equation for how an enzyme works, substrate molecules, active site, products.
- Nucleic Acids: Brief introduction to nucleic acids, two type of nucleic acids, building blocks of nucleic acids.
Related Products Include:
Biochemistry: Complete Bundled Unit Plan of 14 products
Organic Compounds Mix/Match Game
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
Macromolecules Color by Number Activity
Biochemistry Google Sheets Hidden Picture Reveal Activities - 4 Game Set
The Chemistry of Biology Powerpoint and Notes
Lab: Testing for Organic Compounds in Foods
Lab: Catalase in Plant and Animal Cells
Organic Compounds Graphic Organizer
Organic Compounds Homework or Quiz
Lab: Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Biochemistry quizzes--Set of 4
Biochemistry Homework Assignment and Study Guide Worksheets
Biochemistry Jeopardy Review Games - Set of 2
Lab: How Do Cells Deal With Changes in pH?
Introduction to Science: Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com