Provide a fantastic review for your students with these two jeopardy review games on biochemistry, organic compounds and the chemistry of life.
My students love reviewing for a test using a Jeopardy style review game! This product has 2 powerpoint games of 63 slides each. Each game has 6 categories and there are 5 questions in each category.
This was written for my Biology I class. It covers the chemistry and biochemistry concepts typically found at the beginning of any Biology I text. I use these review games when teaching my unit on biochemistry to first year biology students.
NOTE: This product is included in my Biochemistry Complete Unit Plan Bundle which can be viewed here: Biochemistry Complete Unit Plan Bundle
Topics covered include:
• The Nature of Matter: Atoms, subatomic particles, elements, and compounds.
• Chemical Bonds: Ionic bonds, ions, gain and loss of electrons, covalent bonds, polar molecules, polar covalent bonds, nonpolar covalent bonds
• Water! Can’t Live Without It! The polarity of water, hydrogen bonding, cohesion, adhesion, mixtures, types of mixtures, solutions, solute, solvent, suspensions.
• Reasons why life on Earth depends on water.
• Acids, Bases, and pH: The pH scale, acids, bases, and buffers.
• Carbon Compounds: Definition of organic compound, characteristics of carbon, macromolecules, the four groups of organic compounds.
• Carbohydrates: How to recognize the structure of a carbohydrate, monomers of carbs, examples, main function of carbs in cells, monosaccharides, polysaccharides, starch, glycogen, cellulose.
• Lipids: How to recognize the structure of a lipid, examples of lipids, characteristics of lipids, building blocks of lipids, functions of lipids in cells, saturated and unsaturated fats.
• Nucleic Acids: How to recognize the structure, functions of nucleic acids in cells.
• Proteins: How to recognize the structure of a protein, functions of proteins in cells, building blocks of proteins.
• Enzymes: Function of enzymes, characteristics of enzymes, equation for how enzymes work, lock and key hypothesis, active sites
My materials are easily adaptable. You can easily delete questions and add some of your own.
Related products include:
The Chemistry of Biology Powerpoint and Notes
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
Organic Compounds Mix/Match Game
Biochemistry Homework Assignment and Study Guide Worksheets
Lab: Testing for Organic Compounds in Foods
Lab: Catalase in Plant and Animal Cells
Quiz: Organic Compounds
Organic Compounds Homework or Quiz
Lab: Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Biochemistry Quizzes - Set of 2
Biochemistry crossword puzzle
Lab: How Do Cells Deal With Changes in pH?
Test: The Chemistry of Life (Biochemistry)
I hope that you will follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)