Biochemistry Quiz Set
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on "Biochemistry: The Chemistry of Life" includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Many of the resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. Resources include an 88-Slide Powerpoint presentation packed witPrice $45.99Original Price $60.45Save $14.46
- This NO PREP, PRINTABLE, EDITABLE, AND DIGITAL Biology Curriculum contains everything you need for an entire year of Biology! For less than $3 a day, you can save your time, energy, and sanity. Each of the 20 Complete Units includes a teaching PowerPoint presentation, notes, labs, homework assignmenPrice $535.00Original Price $982.16Save $447.16
Use this set of 4 printable or digital daily quizzes in your biochemistry unit to keep your students studying in the days leading up to the unit exam. Quizzes are 2 to 3 pages in length and include a teacher answer key. While these are perfect for daily quizzes, they can also be used as homework assignments, classwork, or study guides for your unit test.
Both printable and digital versions of this resource are included. The student handouts can be printed or used in the paperless digital format in your Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar. This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, 1:1 schools, or for distance learning.
What is included in your download folder?
- Printable and Editable Quizzes (Set of 4 Quizzes)
- Digital paperless version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive
- Quiz Teacher Guide and Answer Key
- Teacher Guide for Google Apps
This set of 4 quizzes can be used with the biochemistry chapter of any biology textbook.
This set of 4 quizzes is a perfect accompaniment to my "Biochemistry - The Chemistry of Life" PowerPoint and Notes set. Click this link to view my PowerPoint.
These quizzes are most appropriate for biology or life science students in grades 9 - 12.
What material is covered by each quiz?
Quiz #1: The Nature of Matter and Chemical Bonds
- The Nature of Matter: Atoms, subatomic particles, mass and charges of the subatomic particles.
- Elements: Definitions, isotopes, radioactive isotopes, practical uses of radioactive isotopes, the nature of compounds.
- Chemical Bonds: Definitions and examples of ionic and covalent bonds, polar molecules, polar covalent bonds, nonpolar covalent bonds.
Quiz #2: The Properties of Water
- Properties of Water: The polarity of water molecules, hydrogen bonding, hydrogen bonds in ice, liquid water, and water vapor, cohesion and adhesion.
- Mixtures, Solutions, and Suspensions: Definitions, homogeneous and heterogenous solutions, solute, solvent.
- Reasons why water makes life possible.
- Acids, Bases, and pH: The pH scale, definitions of acids and bases, buffers, why buffers are essential to the life of a cell.
Quiz #3: Introduction to Carbon Compounds and Carbohydrates
- Carbon Compounds: The difference between organic and inorganic compounds, the characteristics of carbon that allow for the building of a large variety of biological molecules.
- Functional Groups: Definition of functional group and their role in chemical reactions. Four common functional groups are covered: Hydroxyl, carboxyl, amino, and phosphate groups.
- Macromolecules: Definition of macromolecule, groups of macromolecules, polymerization, monomers, polymers, condensation reactions, hydrolysis reactions.
- Carbohydrates: Examples of carbohydrates, characteristics of carbohydrates, building blocks or monomers of carbohydrates, functions of carbohydrates in cells, monosaccharides, disaccharides, polysaccharides, starch, glycogen, cellulose.
Quiz #4: Lipids, Proteins, Enzymes, and Nucleic Acids
- Lipids: Examples of lipids, characteristics of lipids, building blocks or monomers of lipids, nonpolar nature of lipids, fatty acids, glycerol, saturated and unsaturated fats, triglycerides, phospholipids, waxes.
- Proteins: Examples of proteins, characteristics of proteins, building blocks or monomers of proteins, the structure of amino acids, dipeptides, polypeptides, the relationship between shape and function of proteins.
- Enzymes: Definitions and the role of enzymes in cells, equation for how an enzyme works, substrate molecules, active site, products.
- Nucleic Acids: Brief introduction to nucleic acids, two types of nucleic acids, building blocks of nucleic acids.
Related products include:
Biochemistry: Complete Bundled Unit Plan of 14 products
The Chemistry of Biology Powerpoint and Notes
Macromolecules Color by Number Activity
Biochemistry Google Sheets Hidden Picture Reveal Activities - 4 Game Set
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
Organic Compounds Mix/Match Game
Lab: Testing for Organic Compounds in Foods
Lab: Catalase in Plant and Animal Cells
Organic Compounds Homework or Quiz
Biochemistry Homework Assignment and Study Guide Worksheets
Organic Compounds Graphic Organizer
Lab: Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Biochemistry Jeopardy Review Games - Set of 2
Lab: How Do Cells Deal With Changes in pH?
Test: The Chemistry of Life (Biochemistry)
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store: