Biochemistry Unit Test
Covers the nature of matter, bonding, properties of water, organic compounds, and more!
Suitable for Biology students in grades 8-12.
This test was written for my 9th Biology I class. It covers the chemistry and biochemistry concepts typically found at the beginning of any Biology I text.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is included in my Biochemistry Complete Unit Plan Bundle which can be viewed here: Biochemistry Complete Unit Plan Bundle
Topics covered include:
• The Nature of Matter: Atoms, subatomic particles, elements, and compounds.
• Chemical Bonds: Ionic bonds, ions, gain and loss of electrons, covalent bonds, polar molecules, polar covalent bonds, nonpolar covalent bonds
• Water! Can’t Live Without It! The polarity of water, hydrogen bonding, cohesion, adhesion, mixtures, types of mixtures, solutions, solute, solvent, suspensions.
• Reasons why life on Earth depends on water.
• Acids, Bases, and pH: The pH scale, acids, bases, and buffers.
• Carbon Compounds: Definition of organic compound, characteristics of carbon, macromolecules, the four groups of organic compounds.
• Carbohydrates: How to recognize the structure of a carbohydrate, monomers of carbs, examples, main function of carbs in cells, monosaccharides, polysaccharides, starch, glycogen, cellulose.
• Lipids: How to recognize the structure of a lipid, examples of lipids, characteristics of lipids, building blocks of lipids, functions of lipids in cells, saturated and unsaturated fats.
• Nucleic Acids: How to recognize the structure, functions of nucleic acids in cells.
• Proteins: How to recognize the structure of a protein, functions of proteins in cells, building blocks of proteins.
• Enzymes: Function of enzymes, characteristics of enzymes, equation for how enzymes work, lock and key hypothesis, active sites
My materials are easily adaptable. You can easily add or delete questions. You will receive a pdf and a Word version of this test. It contains 24 multiple choice questions, 40 fill in the blank questions and 12 short answer questions.
Answer Key is included.
Related Products Include:
Biochemistry: Complete Bundled Unit Plan of 14 products
Organic Compounds Mix/Match Game
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
The Chemistry of Biology Powerpoint and Notes
Lab: Testing for Organic Compounds in Foods
Lab: Catalase in Plant and Animal Cells
Quiz: Organic Compounds
Organic Compounds Homework or Quiz
Lab: Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Biochemistry quizzes--Set of 2
Biochemistry Homework Assignment and Study Guide Worksheets
Biochemistry Jeopardy Review Games - Set of 2
Lab: How Do Cells Deal With Changes in pH?
Introduction to Science: Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
For updates and news please follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (aka Science Stuff)