Biochemistry and Organic Compounds: A Complete Unit Plan Bundle. The bundle includes a teaching PowerPoint, notes, labs, fun review games, homework assignments, and so much more. This bundle contains everything you need to teach this unit to your biology or life science students.
Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. If each of these products were purchased separately, the total cost would be $41.23. The bundle sells for $30.99, a savings of 25%.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in my "Full Year Biology Curriculum Bundle." Click the link below to view this bundle.
Biology Full Year Curriculum
This bundled unit contains at least 2 weeks of materials depending on how many lab activities you want to do. If you do all the labs included, it will take 3 weeks.
You will receive:
• A 46 slide powerpoint
• Complete set of teacher notes
• Student notes outline that is completed by student as lessons are being taught
• 4 labs
• 2 jeopardy review games
• 2 quizzes
• Homework assignments and study guide worksheets
• Crossword puzzle
• Biochemistry Unit test
• Organic Compounds Mix-Match Game
When appropriate, I have included each product as an editable Word document, but I have also included each product in pdf form.
All answers are included.
Topics covered include:
• The Nature of Matter: Atoms, subatomic particles, elements, and compounds.
• Chemical Bonds: Ionic bonds, ions, gain and loss of electrons, covalent bonds, polar molecules, polar covalent bonds, nonpolar covalent bonds
• Water! Can’t Live Without It! The polarity of water, hydrogen bonding, cohesion, adhesion, mixtures, types of mixtures, solutions, solute, solvent, suspensions.
• Reasons why life on Earth depends on water.
• Acids, Bases, and pH: The pH scale, acids, bases, and buffers.
• Carbon Compounds: Definition of organic compound, characteristics of carbon, macromolecules, the four groups of organic compounds.
• Carbohydrates: How to recognize the structure of a carbohydrate, monomers of carbs, examples, main function of carbs in cells, monosaccharides, polysaccharides, starch, glycogen, cellulose.
• Lipids: How to recognize the structure of a lipid, examples of lipids, characteristics of lipids, building blocks of lipids, functions of lipids in cells, saturated and unsaturated fats.
• Nucleic Acids: How to recognize the structure, functions of nucleic acids in cells.
• Proteins: How to recognize the structure of a protein, functions of proteins in cells, building blocks of proteins.
• Enzymes: Function of enzymes, characteristics of enzymes, equation for how enzymes work, lock and key hypothesis, active sites
Below is a complete list of what you will receive. You can click on each link to read a detailed description of each product.
Biochemistry Powerpoint and Notes
Biochemistry Homework Assignments and Study Guide
Biochemistry Crossword Puzzle
Set of 2 Biochemistry Jeopardy Review Games
Biochemistry Unit Test
Organic Compounds Mix/Match Game
Biochemistry Quizzes Set of Two
Organic Compounds Homework
Lab: Testing for Organic Compounds in Foods
Lab: Enzymes Common to Both Plants and Animals
Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Lab: How Do Cells Deal with Changes in pH?
I hope that you will follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)