You will receive a test with key and review questions with key.
This item is included in a Biodiversity and Classification Bundle for a 20% discount HERE
More Tests Available HERE
More on Biodiversity, Ecology, and Taxonomy HERE
The test is multiple choice, matching, short answer, and includes a dichotomous key.
The review questions cover all of the material on the test:
1. What are the basic needs of all living things?
2. What is an adaptation?
3. What is homeostasis? Explain how your body maintains homeostasis in the cold and in the heat.
4. Which domains include mainly prokaryotic organisms? Which domains include mainly eukaryotic organisms?
5. What is metabolism?
6. Explain how a scientific name is written using binomial nomenclature.
7. What is the difference in prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms?
8. What is carrying capacity? Name 5 ways a population’s carrying capacity would decrease.
9. What type of environment is Domain Archaea usually found in?
10. What is the broadest level of biological classification? The most specific level?
11. What is taxonomy?
12. What is the difference in asexual and sexual reproduction?
13. Name three limiting factors and explain why they limit organisms.
14. What is an invasive species?
15. What is the stimulus and response in the following: A plant’s leaves turning toward the sunlight.
16. How do humans negatively affect biodiversity?
17. Break down the term ‘biodiversity’. What does ‘bio’ mean? What does ‘diversity’ mean?
18. List the 8 levels of classification in order from broadest to most specific.
19. What is the difference in unicellular and multicellular organisms?
20. Name the three domains and the kingdoms found in each domain.
21. What are the characteristics of all living things?
22. What is the difference in anabolic and catabolic metabolism?
23. This question is a dichotomous key.