Also included in
- This is a bundle of environmental and earth science lessons on the composition and layers of the atmosphere, global wind and climate patterns, and biogeochemical cycles. Web-quests, worksheets, PowerPoints, and lab activities are all included! The lessons are designed to facilitate independent lear$24.00$30.00Save $6.00
- Are you ready for your students to take charge of their learning? This environmental science course is interactive, hands-on, and student-centered! It includes tons of labs and activities as well as web-quests, worksheets, concept maps, and quizzes! Students learn about the features and organisms$170.00$212.50Save $42.50
This bundle of biogeochemical cycle lessons, labs, and activities is perfect for a high school environmental science course and will introduce your students to the nitrogen cycle, the phosphorus cycle, and the carbon cycle. Additionally, a discussion of human impacts on these cycles is included, as well as information on greenhouse gases and global warming. Student worksheets, web-quests, a board game, and an online quiz are all included for a cohesive and easy-to-follow unit.
Topics included in this lesson are: Nitrogen Cycle (molecular forms of nitrogen, nitrogen fixation, nitrogen gas, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, synthetic fertilizer, denitrification), Phosphorus Cycle (weathering and erosion, sedimentary rock, uplift), Carbon Cycle (decomposition, photosynthesis, respiration, carbon storage), human impacts to nutrient cycles, nutrient sources, sinks, and reservoirs, residence time, greenhouse gases, global warming, climate change
▶️Can I use this for virtual learning?
The PDFs included in this bundle can be assigned through various online learning platforms, however, students can NOT type on these directly without additional software. If you would like a digital version made specifically for virtual learning environments, please use the digital version of this lesson instead.
- Detailed teacher lesson plans including essential questions, standards, pacing guide, and materials list
- Web-quest for content delivery with guided student notes
- Biogeochemical cycle reference pages- Nitrogen Cycle, Carbon Cycle, and Phosphorus Cycle
- Nitrogen cycle board game in which students review the processes of the nitrogen cycle by moving game pieces from nitrogen sources to nitrogen sinks
- Math Extension- dimensional analysis and calculations with carbon reservoir data
- Human Impact Extension- reading assignment and graph interpretation on greenhouse gases, the greenhouse effect, and global warming
- Online quiz using Google Forms for easy grading
This is a large bundle of lessons. To see details about each activity, please click on the "PREVIEW" button above.
➤My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
➤How do I use this lesson?
Students independently gain vocabulary and basic concepts through internet web-quests and videos. Then in class activities, students are able to practice these concepts and see them come to life in real environments. This lesson bundle is perfect for substitutes because students can work independently.
➤What curriculum could I use with this lesson?
This lesson is ideally geared towards high school students, but some portions would work for middle school students, as well. A general level Environmental Science, Biology, or Earth Science textbook would coincide with these topics. It also addresses the following topics in AP Environmental Science (APES):
- 1.4: The Carbon Cycle
- 1.5: The Nitrogen Cycle
- 1.6: The Phosphorus Cycle
- 9.3: The Greenhouse Effect