This pack of 2 lessons includes worksheets and activities about the Carbon Cycle, Nitrogen Cycle, and Phosphorous Cycle to teach your middle school and high school students about nutrient cycles in ecosystems.
These lessons are designed to facilitate independent learning. Sit back and let your students take the wheel. The lessons fit perfectly into a flipped classroom and also work well as sub plans.
***Please Note: These lessons are part of my Environmental Science: Atmosphere Bundle.***
NGSS Standards addressed:
HS-LS1-6, HS-LS2-5, HS-ESS2-2, HS-ESS2-6, HS-ESS2-4, HS-ESS3-6
1. Lesson- Content & vocabulary gained through internet links, web-quests, and videos.
2. Worksheet- Introduction to nitrogen cycle
3. Activity- My very popular Nitrogen Cycle Board Game
4. Assessment- Simulation quiz on Nitrogen cycle
1. Lesson- Content & vocabulary gained through internet links, web-quests, and videos
2. Worksheets- Phosphorous Cycle and Carbon Cycle
3. Activity- Carbon Cycle Movement Game provided by NOAA
4. Assessment- Discussion questions
Lesson 1- Introduction to Biogeochemical Cycles & the Nitrogen Cycle
Nutrient cycling, Nitrogen cycle, nitrogen fixation, denitrification, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, atmospheric nitrogen
Lesson 2- Phosporous & Carbon Cycles
Phosphorous cycle, erosion, human interactions, Carbon cycle, respiration, combustion, photosynthesis, carbon sink
My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
1. Environmental Science: Atmosphere Bundle
2. Environmental Science: Biosphere Bundle
3. Environmental Science: Lithosphere Bundle
4. Environmental Science: Hydrosphere Bundle
These lessons are designed to be easy to use for both students and teachers. Regardless of whether you've taught Environmental Science for years or just need a few quick lessons to add to your science curriculum, this is the perfect selection.
Designed and Written by: Anne Morgan, Biology & Environmental Science Teacher
You may also be interested in these lessons:
World Biomes Poster Project
Ecology Task Cards
STEAM Lab: Building an Simple Electric Generator using Renewable Energy Sources
STEAM Bundle: Earth's Atmosphere-Composition & Layers
Designed and Implemented by: Anne Morgan, Biology & Environmental Science Teacher