Products in this Bundle (5)
*This resource is contains both a PDF versions and Google Slides versions.
WHAT RESOURCES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE?
- Black History - 42 people
- Women's History - 36 people
- Asian Pacific Heritage - 30 people
- Hispanic Heritage - 40 people
- Native American Heritage - 30 people
WHAT IS INCLUDED ON THE SLIDES FOR EACH RESOURCES?
- response prompt or question
- YouTube link when possible
- children's book feature when possible or link to a kid's article where they can read more about that person
HOW DO I USE THIS IN MY CLASSROOM?
In the classroom I used this resource during morning class meeting to fit in relevant and diverse content in an easy 5 minutes a day since my curriculum isn't as rounded as I'd like. Now that we are in a Distance Learning phase, I assign a different slide to my students daily through Google Classroom and have them share their thoughts and responses with their peers. I also share screen during our Zoom class meetings and we discuss the slides/view the videos together.
LOOK FOR PDF/PRINT RESOURCES?
- Black History Profile Cards (February)
- Women's History Profile Cards (March)
- Asian Pacific Heritage Profile Cards (May)
- Hispanic Heritage Profile Cards (Sept. 15 - Oct. 15)
- Native American Heritage Profile Cards (November)
- Profile Card BUNDLE
HOW DOES THE PRINT RESOURCE WORK?
A couple years ago I created biography necklaces to make it easier to incorporate history missing from the curriculum. You can check out the biography necklaces by using the PDF/PRINT links above. You can read more about how they work on my blog here.
HOW ARE THE PRINT RESOURCE AND THE DIGITAL RESOURCE DIFFERENT?
- One is digital (It doesn't involve printing, laminating, or cutting).
- Every slide has it's own discussion question (vs. the 8-12 questions/sentence frame that can be used with any bio card).
- Every slide has a book recommendation or link to an article where students can read more about that person.
- Some slides include links to YouTube videos where students can learn more or see the person in action!
- Every student is learning about the same person each day vs. students getting to "be" a different person every day.
HOW ARE THE PRINT RESOURCE AND THE DIGITAL RESOURCE THE SAME?
- The same exact people are featured.
- The biography from the card is identical to the one on the slides.