Also included in
- Energize your biography unit! Biography templates engage students in reading, research, and projects. Kids choose their own biography activities with choice boards. A wax museum culminates the unit. Three different sets of materials allow you to pick and choose what’s best for this year’s class – an$15.00$19.00Save $4.00
Dozens of biography activities come in two formats: task cards or choice boards. Each focuses on one informational text standard, as well as a higher order thinking skill (applying, analyzing, evaluating, or creating).
They can be used with any biography: picture or chapter book, read-aloud or independently. You may pick and choose, ask students to specific tasks, or allow them to choose their own activities using the tic-tac-toe menus.
All materials come in two versions: with and without Common Core State Standards listed.
- 40 task cards
- Traditional choice board (2 pages)
- Crafty choice boards (2 pages)
- Support material
- Student contracts and assessment
- Answering questions
- Determining main idea
- Explaining events
- Understanding domain-specific words
- Describing text structure
- Examining perspective
- Interpreting media
- Examining evidence
- Integrating information
Levels of Bloom's Taxonomy:
Open the preview to get a better look.
Would you like to know when I post more resources? Simply follow me on TpT.
I'm committed to continual improvement. This resource was updated and enhanced on January 12, 2021.