Looking for a fun way for students to share their learning after reading biographies? This biography doodle book report is the perfect way to get students excited about learning! This Biography Doodle Book Report can be completed with any biography study. After students read biographies, they’ll complete the planning pages and the doodle report for a new twist on biography studies!
First, students will complete a step-by-step planning guide. They’ll reflect on their biography subject’s life including major accomplishments and pivotal moments. In addition, they’ll share out interesting facts, descriptions, stats, and a doodle of their person. Next, they’ll use their insights from their planning pages to design a Biography Doodle Book Review. Using a doodle template, they’ll create a biography review like no other! It’s visually appealing and super motivating!
This Doodle Nonfiction Book Review includes:
- Detailed Lesson Plans (2 pages)
- Step-by-Step Book Review Planning Guide (2 pages)
- Doodle Book Review
Ways to Use this Resource:
- Have students complete the Doodle Book Review after a whole-class biography study.
- Assign the book review as a biography book report project along with an independent reading program.
- Give to students to complete over a school break.
- Include the Biography Doodle Book Review as part of a summer reading initiative.
- Link the Biography Doodle Book Review with other subjects like Science and Social Studies.
- Provide as a creative book report option any time during the school year.
Other Doodle and Do Resources…
- Doodle and Do Reading Skills bundle! - Making Inferences, Finding the Main Idea, Fact & Opinion, Sequencing, and Summarizing
- 5 Nonfiction Text Structure Mini-Units - Problem/Solution, Compare and Contrast, Descriptive, Chronological Order, and Cause and Effect
- How to Study for a Test Doodle Notes and 5 Learning Stations
- Writing Responses with Text-Based Evidence Doodle Notes and 5 Learning Stations
You may also like:
- File Folder Book Report
- Listening Comprehension Unit - Based on a nonfiction passage about Malala Yousafzai
- 101 Writing Prompts - Students choose which creative prompt they would like to respond to.
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction