This product includes EVERYTHING you need to guide your students through a rigorous, Common Core aligned Biography Research and Writing report.
Students will be asked to read a biography text and navigate the internet for information about a well-known person’s childhood, accomplishments, and legacy.
What separates this product from others is the emphasis on direct quotation and paraphrasing of various texts.
* Pacing Guide aligned to Common Core State Standards for Grades 4-6
* Recording sheet to keep track of student’s biography choice
* List of people students could choose from
* List of books students may choose to read
* List of websites to visit
* DIFFERENTIATED research recording pages
* Handouts on Direct Quotation v. Paraphrasing, Topic Sentence Guideline, Transition List, How to Write a Hook, and How to Cite Sources
* Revising and Editing Checklist Using A.R.M.S. and C.U.P.S.
* DIFFERENTIATED brainstorming and rough draft writing pages