The following is a great way to display the information your students have collected after they have finished reading a biography. For this project students must read about their subject, collect facts and information on their subject, with the final goal being to create a biography poster about their subject. This project is versatile and is appropriate to use with younger students who are just learning about writing biographies, as well as older students who may need more support as they write their biographies.
The following download includes:
• One page of student directions, detailing what should be included with each section of the finished poster. (Two versions of the directions have been provided, one observing English spellings, and one observing U.S. spellings.)
• Two draft pages for students to collect the information on their biography subject. The pages are organized using the headings that are used on the good copy poster. The headings are as follows:
o Born and Raised
o Why This Person is Famous
o Three Words to Describe This Person
o Interesting Information
o Something I Learned From This Person
• One page of character traits to assist students in finding the characteristics that best describe their subject.
• An 11 x 17 good copy biography poster for information to be presented horizontally.
• An 11 x 17 good copy biography poster for information to be presented vertically.
Writing a Biography Poster
by clare haagensen
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License