Students will love working on their biography research reports when they "become " the famous biography person! During your 6-week biography unit, students will read a novel about a famous person, conduct biography research (using your sources and with access to my web site link collection), draw a sketch, create a timeline, write an important poem, then assemble their file folder report. Finally, dressed as their person, students will give a speech at the culmination event - a biography wax museum. This is the perfect independent biography project for classroom or distance learning.
>> View the 19-page preview to see some of the unit pages! <<
Internet Website Link Collection Included:
I created a website collection of 125+ web pages of famous men and women designed especially for this project to help keep students in a more protected Internet environment using my web links. See my biography unit website links HERE. The password is included in your purchase.
MS Word Editable, PDF and PowerPoint Google Drive Ready Formats Included: There are 208 pages of materials included in this ready to use complete unit.
You may upload the special PowerPoint versions to your Google Drive™ and save as Google Slides™ through Google Classroom™. Pre-placed shaded text boxes are ready for students to type into.
- All teacher directions
- Student directions, note taking sheets, rough draft copy with space for editing, timeline rough draft and final copy slides, important poem rough draft and final copy pages, bibliography rough draft pages
- Final copy slide options in 9 different colors. Giving students CHOICE motivates them to get to the final copy stage and complete their project
- The link and password to my special biography web pages with 125 biography people built just to help keep student sater on the Internet while doing research.
PRINT VERSION - What's Included:
- Teacher Directions Packet - with detailed ideas, lesson plans, weekly pacing guide, famous person sign up sheets, biography scoring rubric, speech scoring rubric, parent invitations, CCSS correlations and more
- All Student Handouts
- Table of Contents
- Student Materials Packet Cover
- Detailed Directions for Students
- Biography Note Taking Paper
- Rough Draft Writing Paper
- Final Copy Report Paper with Lines & Without
- Bibliography Format Examples
- Autobiography & Biography Genre Posters
- Drawing and Math Lesson to Accompany the Character Sketch
- Character Sketch Final Copy Paper
- Important Poem Rough Draft
- Biography Timeline Rough Draft
- Scoring Guide for Speaking
- Scoring Guide for Report
- Alternate Report Scoring Guide
- Speech Sign-Up Schedule – 5 day format & 3 days AM/PM format
- Famous Person Sign Up Sheets
- Teacher Notes & Hints
- Teacher Notes Pacing Guide
- Optional Biography Museum Speaking Task Parent Letter
- Optional Biography Museum Speaking Task Name tags
- Common Core Reading, Writing & Speaking Correlations Gr.3-5
- Student Character Sketch Examples
- Student Timeline Examples
- Student Important Poem Examples
- Website Link and Password - for access to my Online Biography Project Collection with web links for each person You are not buying this! I am allowing you to use the links with your students. :)
WEB PAGES FOR MEN (74)
Bell, Alexander Graham
Carver, George Washington
Clemens, Samuel (Mark Twain)
Drew, Dr. Charles
Fibonacci, Leonardo Pisano
Grant, Ulysses S.
Kennedy, John F.
King, Jr., Martin Luther
McLoughlin, Dr. John
Morgan, Garrett A.
Newton, Sir Isaac
Roosevelt, Franklin D.
Roosevelt, Theodore "Teddy"
Wright, Orville & Wilbur Wright
WEB PAGES - WOMEN (49)
Anthony, Susan B.
Joan of Arc
Mary Queen of Scots
O’Connor, Sandra Day
Queen Elizabeth I
Queen Elizabeth II
Spencer, Diana (Princess Diana)
Stanton, Elizabeth Cady
Stowe, Harriet Beecher
Wilder, Laura Ingalls
Enjoy and have FUN with this
Web link use - I AM NOT SELLING the web link collection. As a courtesy, I am allowing you to access to my biography collection on my website to help your students with their Internet research. In your purchase, you will receive the link to my biography web site collection made especially for this project with 3rd, 4th & 5th graders in mind. Purchasers have permission to access my biography project web site collection and may add a link to my biography web page collection. Purchasers MAY NOT post the password in this purchase on a web page, Google Classroom, or online anywhere it is visible via the Internet. You may not share the link with others. Mrs. Renz Class reserves the right to change or remove web pages at any time without notice. Please notify me immediately if you see pages with broken or misdirected links and I'll fix them within a few hours.
DISTANCE LEARNING NOTE: You have permission to use these digital products with your students PROVIDED YOU USE THE MATERIALS BEHIND A SECURED OR PASSWORD PROTECTED SITE and materials are NOT posted directly to the Internet for others to view. You may NOT use to any materials created by Mrs. Renz' Class in any for-profit online classes or courses.
You Might Like these EDITABLE Personal Spelling Dictionaries!