Also included in
- This bundle combines several student-directed project-based learning resources all under the theme of communications - various methods of gathering and sharing information. This bundle includes three separate projects, one on biographies, another on current events, and the last on podcasts. Per proj$9.45$13.50Save $4.05
- This bundle combines several student-directed project-based learning resources that are perfect for educators and students that have significant experience with project-based learning. This bundle is also great for educators that are new to project-based learning but might be working with advanced p$16.45$23.50Save $7.05
- Resource Description:This bundle includes a large number of project-based learning activity resources Experiential Learning Depot. Each PBL learning experience meets a variety of skill levels. Some are for beginner project-based learning high school and others are for those that are more experienced$100.00$145.50Save $45.50
This biography project based learning lesson plan asks students to choose one biography, autobiography, or memoir of their choice to read. They will then design a self-directed project based learning activity around the person/subject of the book. They will work within the community, complete an authentic final product of their choosing (ideas available) and give an authentic presentation (ideas available).
This resource was designed using project-based learning principles - student choice, innovation, relevance to students, and impacts the community. The result is a student that is intrinsically motivated to learn, takes charge of their education, strives for improvement, and possesses the tools to problem-solve and think critically.
Time-frame varies by group and schedule. Estimate: ~ 3 weeks
This resource includes a printable and digital Google Slides version. The digital version can be assigned to students via Google Classroom where students can add and share their content with you.
Note: The printable PDF is not editable at this time. The digital version offers the option to overlay text and images and to remove or delete slides to fit your needs.
This product includes:
- Teacher guide
- Guiding project based learning templates for students
- Description of project based learning elements
- PBL project checklist
- Project design guide
- Project planner
- Challenge yourself options
- Project learning reflection questions
- Project based learning rubric
This biography project based learning activity is student-directed. In the project design process, students have the flexibility to add concepts or questions that they would like to explore. If you have specific standards that you would like to cover, ask students to add those benchmarks to their project plan.
This resource does include the research Common Core State Standards as well.
If you like this product, check out these activities as well!
Helpful FREE resources from ELD
Helpful and Relevant Blog Posts from ELD
- The Project-Based Learning Steps for Self-Directed Learners
- (Almost) 100 Ways to Demonstrate Learning with Digital Final Products
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star for new resource alerts
- Facebook Page
- Experiential Learning Facebook Group
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Font Credit: Mr FISK Fonts