Guide your students through the process of researching and writing a biographical article about someone meaningful to them! This bundle includes six distinct graphic organizers and handouts (over fifteen pages of materials!). Based on the Common Core Language Standards, it was designed with grades 6-10 in mind.
These materials support:
- defining and analyzing model informational texts
- research and conducting an interview for a biographical article
- brainstorming, planning, and outlining of a biographical article
- understanding of the project’s overview and requirements
- peer-revision and editing
- rubric-based grading and assessment
All handouts are created in a clean, student-friendly style and can be used with a variety of programs.
Separate content areas can use these, too! These project can easily be used in Journalism and Social Studies/History classes as well.
created by Elizabeth Wegoye