Teach expository writing with a creative biographical sketch display you can make with your students. They can use a biography graphic organizer to brainstorm, research, write, use a word wall, revise and edit with checklists, and create their chosen person's likeness.
More About the Product
Create take-home projects or a bulletin board display. Perfect for wrapping up a biography unit, Black History Month, President's Day, or any other time you want students to research an individual. Suited for the 2-3 grade with teacher support during assembly, but perfect for grades 4 through 6. Remember you may have to supervise during assembly. I have included step by step photo instructions for this purpose.
Included In This Resource
• Brainstorming sheet (to help students find an interest)
• 4 research sheets (with questions to guide student research)
• 2 sets of writing templates (Lined and unlined)
• 2 sets of bulletin board letters (color or black line)
• 2 editing/revision sheets (to help students independently edit and revise)
• General Rubric (for grading of biography writing)
• 24 colorful word wall cards (relating to biographies)
• 24 low ink word wall cards
• A Biography anchor chart (enlarge and display this colorful poster)
• A Biography printable sheet for student notebooks
• A body template (students can show their creativity)
• 25 sheets of hair to create a character (create any person you want)
⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
You Might Also Be Interested In
Martin Luther King, Jr. Editorial/Opinion Writing Activity
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Tips for Customers!
♥ Follow my store for notifications on new products. (Many new products are listed at a discount for the first few days.)
♥ If you enjoy this product, be sure to leave positive feedback to receive credit towards any future purchase! (Not just in my store, but anywhere on TPT.)
♥ If you have questions or any problems please contact me through the Product Q and A.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥