Build comprehension using these 6 nonfiction short passages about famous Americans, each featuring informational text and 4 multiple-choice questions on one page. The men and women included are Benjamin Franklin, Harriet Tubman, Helen Keller, Henry Ford, Jonas Salk, and Laura Ingalls Wilder. The questions cover a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. Great for social studies and reading integration!
Readability is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders will need more teacher support with decoding and vocabulary. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
CLICK HERE to get THIS RESOURCE as part of a money-saving BUNDLE of 180 passages!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• Benjamin Franklin informational text and questions (1 page)
• Harriet Tubman informational text and questions (1 page)
• Helen Keller informational text and questions (1 page)
• Henry Ford informational text and questions (1 page)
• Jonas Salk informational text and questions (1 page)
• Laura Ingalls Wilder informational text and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
You ALREADY OWN these passages if you've purchased my Social Studies Important Individuals Passages set.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Check out engaging Reading Passages
both long and short.
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!