Appropriate for use with a class book genre study or for independent reading, this packet is open-ended enough to use with a variety of leveled books. The questions encourage students to think deeply about the subject and make great preparation before a classroom or literature circle discussion.
Practice reading informational text and recording textual evidence, as well as summarizing, making inferences, interpreting quotations, and reflecting on the character traits and accomplishments of true-life heroes.
The reading response questions are available in two formats: whole page for distribution one day at a time, or fourth-page to be folded and stapled into a student booklet.
Response prompts include:
- Completing a pre-reading KWL chart
- Identifying an admirable character trait
- Generating questions for the author/subject
- Examining influences/role models
- Comparing with a Venn diagram
- Selecting pivotal dates
- Evaluating important quotations
Revised Nov. 2015
Reformatted mini-book pages for double-sided printing
Bundle and Save
Reading Response Log Bundle