Also included in
- This is a bundle of all of my fourth grade writing units. These standards-aligned units include everything you need to teach writing including mentor texts, rubrics, checklists, posters, graphic organizers, and more! Check out the previews to peek inside each unit.**UPDATED NOW includes a Google Sli$32.00$40.00Save $8.00
This fourth grade Biography Writing Unit is just what you need to teach your students how to write a biography! When it comes to writing, there is so much we want (and need) to teach our students. However, we cannot focus on all of it all at once or we will cause our students to hate writing. I have broken this down into easy to implement lesson plans and have included all of the materials you need. This unit can be implemented at an easy pace---spread out over four weeks, or can be condensed to be taught in a shorter time period.
If you choose to have your whole class write on the same person, this informational unit even includes resources that can be used for student research. (Topic: Mae Jemison). However, you can also use this unit with a specific person of your choosing or by letting students choose their own person.
- Mentor Text
- Rubric & Checklists
- 12 Easy to Implement Lesson Plans
- 6 Centers
- Graphic Organizers
- Posters (Also can be printed and put in a writing notebook)
- 1 Non-Fiction Text (article) and 1 List of Websites (also as QR codes) for Student Research
- UPDATE: Now includes a digital (Google Slides) version of the resource! Learn more here.
What's Taught: (W.4.2.C, W.4.2.D, W.4.2.E)
- What's a Biographical Report?
- Brainstorm Topics and Choose a Person
- Finding Sources
- Important Life Events
- Outline Chronologically
- In My Own Words
- Using Linking Words and Phrases
- Writing a Rough Draft
- Writing a Conclusion
- Editing with a Partner
- Revising & Revisiting the Rubric
You may also be interested in:
- 4th Grade Fictional Narrative Writing Unit
- 4th Grade Personal Narrative Writing Unit
- 4th Grade Opinion Piece Writing Unit
- 4th Grade Advanced Opinion Writing Unit
- 4th Grade Informational Report (Science)
Or Save the Most BUY THE BUNDLE
©Thrifty in Third Grade
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED