Biography Report and Research Project
- Students will love this fun and engaging research project about an important historical figure. Instead of writing a typical research paper, students will create authentic artifacts to represent the different stages and accomplishments of their historical figure’s life.
Examples of artifacts include birth certificates, campaign buttons, marriage certificates, awards, invitations, newspaper articles, journal entries, portraits, photographs, or obituaries, just to name a few.
This project is a great higher order-thinking project for all ability levels!
During the project students will create:
Authentic artifacts are real world items used to understand something about the people or cultures of the past. Students will create long, short, and artistic artifacts to represent the different stages of their historical figure’s life.
Student Artifact Samples are Included in this Resource!
Students will choose a container to house all of their artifacts. The container must be important to the life of their figure.
Works Cited and Rationale
Students will create a works cited page listing their sources and write a rationale explaining the artifacts they created.
During student presentations, they will introduce each artifact, share important information about the event/stage of life, and explain why they chose the artifact they did.
This project typically takes fifteen class periods. Additional time may be necessary based on your students’ needs.
Included in this Packet
- Day by Day Lesson Plans
- Project Description Handout
- Sample Biography (2 levels)
- Research Graphic Organizer
- Student Artifact Samples
- Creating Authentic Artifacts Guide
- Project Completion Checklist
- Scoring Rubric
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Please click the "Follow Me"
link located under my picture and store name on the right-hand column of this page to keep updated on all my new offerings!
You can also learn more by visiting….
Simon Says School Blog