Also included in
- Engage your students with is a fun and comprehensive, 59 page resource to help your students produce research reports for both a biography and an autobiography. These research reports were created in support of these standards to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your stu$9.58$11.98Save $2.40
Engage your students with this fun and comprehensive, 36 page resource to help your students produce a research report on a person for their Biography. It makes report writing easy! This report template contains worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ biography report.
This template can be used as the actual formal report to be turned in, or if you have older students you can utilize this template as a study guide or rough draft. For these older students you then would have them take their template and type or write their report on their own. This packet contains the following:
• Report Template includes: Report Cover Sheet Templates ( We have included two so your students can choose which one they like best to use for their report), “Introduction” (briefly describe why this person was chosen to study, major contributions or reasons for fame), “Birth Date and Place”,” Family Members”, “Early Years and Education”,” Hobbies, Interests, and Activities”, “Career”, “Reason for Fame”, “Later Years and Old Age”, “Death” ( if the person is deceased or this section is skipped if the person is still alive) , “Other Interesting Facts”, “Similarities and Differences” (comparison with the chosen person and your student), “Your Person’s Faults” (if any), and “Conclusion”.
• We have provided additional lined sheets titled “Additional Information” and an untitled lined sheet of paper that you can copy for your students if they wish to expand on certain areas of the report.
• A template for an illustrated portrait of the person.
• A page to help your students find information for their report.
• Resource Page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
• Note Taking page for students to take notes as they gather research on their person. We have included two different note taking templates for you to choose the one that you’d like the students to use. Copy as needed.
• A Circle Map template has been included for brainstorming purposes as the students start to take notes. The person’s name can go inside the smaller circle and various facts that the students begin to learn can be written in the larger circle.
• Tree Map Graphic Organizers for student planning. This organizer can help students to organize their notes into categories. Some students start with the Circle Map and then categorize and classify these facts into “tree branches” to help them better organize their information. We have also included a blank Tree Map worksheet if you would like your students to create and draw their own tree map.
• A PowerPoint page if you’d like your students to create a PowerPoint.
• A Projects page if you’d like your students to create a project.
• An Oral Presentation Information Sheet if you choose to have your students do an oral presentation.
• Rubrics- Performance Task for the Written Report, Powerpoint, Project, and Oral Reports.
• Biography Report Checklist for students to check if all performance tasks are completed and included.
• Editing and Revising Checklist.
• Common Core Standards page that can be hung near the student reports on a bulletin board to cite the Common Core Writing Standard being taught.
• Teacher Ideas. This last section is just some ideas that I have used that you may find helpful.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in: