Biography Research Project | Writing Template and Lapbook
Also included in
- Get your informative writing unit rolling with these TEN fun prompts and activities. Students will go through the writing process to create a common core aligned research based writing piece. Each activity is designed to be taught in one week or can be condensed into less days. The weekly assignmentPrice $38.00Original Price $47.50Save $9.50
Looking to spruce up your biography project with more than just a writing prompt? Bring graphic organizers to life with this interactive lapbook. Host a living wax museum after having students research and write about famous influential figures.
Synopsis: Students will research the most important facts about a person. They will take notes on how that figure has grown and changed over time. They will write about why the character is/was so influential and then pick a character trait to describe that character.
- 14 Day Pacing Guide
- 2 Parent Letters (one inviting them to come, one just explaining the project)
- Biography Note Page
- Biography Planning Page
- 2 Versions of a Biography Draft Page
- Biography Report Publishing Pages
- 4 Publishing Pages for the Interactive Flip Book
- Final Writing Rubric
Project Timeline: Students will spend one week researching and taking notes on their famous figure. Then, students will turn take those notes through the writing process, transforming it into an informative report using 6 paragraphs. This can be differentiated up or down. I have done it successfully with my second graders many times, and I have helped fourth graders complete this project as well.
Optional "Living Wax Museum": End the unit by creating an interactive report and flip book all about their famous figure. We then invite other classrooms and parents to come through and see our "living wax museum" while students present what they have learned about their topic.
Looking for Other Science and Social Studies Projects?
- Biography Project
- Life Science Unit: Plants, Animals and Habitats
- Solar System Project
- Earth Day Writing
- Animal Habitat Research Project
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.