Also included in
- 6 cross-curricular writing products. Useful for any teachers who require informational writing to use for Common Core writing and for reference all year. Help students improve their writing skills and increase comprehension/retention. Step-by-step instructions, organizers, one-page summaries of t$18.00$25.60Save $7.60
Perfect for a biography project for any subject, for Black History Month, a cross-curricular project and more. A complete student and teacher guide for a report to meet informative/explanatory Common Core standards. Aimed at 7-9th and may be appropriate for 6th or upper high school. A general requirements handout is organized into steps and allows you to specify the topic, length, number of sources and other requirements. The packet also includes nine optional handouts to supplement the general project requirements. All handouts provide helpful, explicit examples.
Great for a cross-curricular project in ELA to collaborate with another subject. Every aspect of the project from start to finish is clearly described in detail and designed for student success.
The general project description features 9 steps:
* choose a person
* evaluate source credibility (a Common Core Standard)
* complete a pre-writing organizer
* write the draft--includes a detailed outline
* revise and edit
* type the final report in MLA format
* create a title page and a works cited page
The optional handouts which supplement the steps are:
* a helpful research notes procedure
* an easy-to-use chart to evaluate source credibility
* two options for a pre-writing organizer
* a guide to MLA in-text citations
* a revising/editing checklist
* a 4 point six traits rubric
* a quick-check assessment list of requirements, including the six traits
* an MLA works cited guide
* comprehensive teacher tips
* list of Common Core Standards
The required topics are early life, accomplishments, extra interesting facts, and personal opinion. The outline of the draft follows an intro (lead and thesis), four paragraph body, and conclusion format. Examples of lead, thesis, topic and conclusion sentences will help students succeed in writing a quality piece. Tips for avoiding plagiarism and examples of an original source with a re-write are also provided. The editing/revising checklist, rubric, and quick assessment checklist can be used for student self-evaluation, peer feedback, and/or teacher grading.
Clear, visually-appealing format appropriate for MS/HS.
Check out these other products!
Follow me! Click the green star next to my photo in the upper right corner and receive e-mails about sales and new products. Thank you!