Bring history to life in your classroom! This product will walk your students step by step through the research and writing process to help them write a biography. It also has resources for a Biography Wax Museum culminating activity.
In this resource you will find:
• Writing Process Checklist: A checklist of steps from start to finish in student friendly language.
• Prewriting pages: Brainstorming options for helping your students activate their prior knowledge and begin thinking about what they already know about their subject.
• Research pages: A separate page for each paragraph to help students organize facts that they find while researching.
• Biography article: A model article that is organized with the same information that the students will write in their own biographies.
• Rough draft pages: Scaffolded paragraphs to ensure that your students’ paragraphs contain a topic sentence, detail sentences and a concluding sentence.
• Revising/editing checklist: A detailed checklist to assist students with revising and editing their biography.
• Final copy booklet: A variety of lined pages for students to publish their biography report.
Teacher Resources include:
• Unit Overview: A day by day outline of our biography research writing unit.
• Parent Letter: A letter detailing the student biography choice selection.
• Biography List: A list of possible biography subject choices.
• Suggested Websites: A list of website resources and kid-friendly search engines.
• “How to Write an Introduction” handout: A handout describing three strategies for writing an introduction with examples of each.
Wax Museum Resources include:
• Teacher Tips: Tips and tricks for running a successful wax museum event.
• Parent Letter: A question and answer format parent letter to introduce the project.
• Project Checklist: A step by step checklist to assist students in completing the project at home.
• Grading Rubric: A rubric written in student friendly language to guide student work and help you to grade their project.
• Wax Museum Invitation: Half page invitation to share date, time and place for your museum event.
• Name Tags: Name tags to use during the museum event to identify each subject and serve as an “on button” for students to deliver their speech.
SEE WHAT OTHER EDUCATORS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
❤️"This unit is so thorough! Students and parents loved the Living Wax Museum! I think we have a new 3rd grade tradition!"
❤️"This is a fantastic resource! The research pages and rough draft pages are really helping my kids stay organized with the project! They are so excited for our upcoming wax museum!"
❤️"This was one of my favorite projects of last school year. The kids were amazing, and our living wax museum was a HUGE hit. This is a fantastic resource. I am looking forward to our next museum day!"
❤️"I work with SpEd students and this was so helpful when we did research. It helped them stay organized and they were able to see what information they needed to find!"
⭐⭐⭐ How to get TPT credits to use on future purchases ⭐⭐⭐
Go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can leave a quick rating and a short comment about the product. Why is feedback so important? Each time you provide feedback, you’ll earn TPT credits that can be applied to future purchases to save you money! Plus, the feedback you provide helps us make our products better suit your needs!
⭐⭐⭐How To Follow Our Store ⭐⭐⭐
Click to Follow usand receive notifications when we upload a new resource!