Creative Writing Student Biography Unit with Lesson Plan Activities. Do you want to make biographies more interesting for your students? This project is designed for students to interview each other and to write biographies about a classmate in a news story format. An example is provided in this resource.
Purpose of Activity:
The purpose of this activity is to engage your students in writing a biography about a classmate. Students are asked to interview a classmate and then write a news story about what they learned about their classmate.
Download our preview for a better understanding of what students will be asked to do.
Included in resource:
- Biography News Story Teacher Tips (4-pages)
- Biography Journal Handout (1-page)
- Biography Journal Handout Answer Key (1-page)
- Italy Handout (1-page)
- Italy Handout Answer Key (1-page)
- Interview Questions Handout (1-page)
- Italy Extension Questions Handout (1-page)
- Good and Bad Leads Handout (1-page)
- Using Quotes Handout (1-page)
- Story Template (1-page; editable in Microsoft Word)
- Editing and Revising Checklist (1-page; with CCSS)
- Editing and Revising Checklist (1-page; without CCSS)
- Biography News Story Grading Rubric (1-page)
Materials Needed Prior to Lessons:
- 2-3 examples of biography books
- Newspaper article or video of current event about someone
- Sticky notes (Post-It notes) for Italy Handout
All files are saved in PDF.
Visit Our Wise Guys Store