MATERIALS: Packet which includes graphic organizers, notes templates, Essay Outline, editing and revising checklists, scoring rubric (4th grade CCSS).
1. Each student will be the subject of a biography. At home, they will decorate and fill a bag with things that help to identify them as individuals.
2. Students will share their their bags with a partner, The partner (writer) will take notes in their packets and ask questions (interview) their subjects.
3. Writers will take the information from their subjects (including their autobiography - if they completed one) and use it to write an outline.
4. Students will use the outline to create a rough draft.
5. Students will edit/revise the rough draft.
6. Students will create a final draft.
7. Students will present the biographies about their subjects to the class.
EXTENSION: students can create a visual aid to go along with their biography such as a Power Point presentation, magazine cover or even a short video.