Teach expository writing with a creative biographical sketch display you can make with your students. They can use a biography graphic organizer to brainstorm, research, write, use a word wall, revise and edit with checklists, and create their chosen person's likeness.
More About the Product
Create take-home projects or a bulletin board display. Perfect for wrapping up a biography unit, Black History Month, President's Day, or any other time you want students to research an individual. Suitable for second or third grade with teacher support during assembly, but perfect for grades 4 through 6. Remember you may have to supervise during assembly. I have included step by step photo instructions for this purpose.
Included In This Resource
• Brainstorming sheet (to help students find an interest)
• 4 research sheets (with questions to guide student research)
• 2 sets of writing templates (Lined and unlined)
• 2 sets of bulletin board letters (color or black line)
• 2 editing/revision sheets (to help students independently edit and revise)
• General Rubric (for grading of biography writing)
• 24 colorful word wall cards (relating to biographies)
• 24 low ink word wall cards
• A Biography anchor chart (enlarge and display this colorful poster)
• A Biography printable sheet for student notebooks
• A body template (students can show their creativity)
• 25 sheets of hair to create a character (create any person you want)
⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
You Might Also Be Interested In
Martin Luther King, Jr. Editorial/Opinion Writing Activity
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Tips for Customers!
♥ Click Here To Follow Me and Be First to Know When Sales Are Coming!
♥ If you enjoy this product, be sure to leave positive feedback to receive credit towards any future purchase! (Not just in my store, but anywhere on TPT.)
♥ If you have questions or any problems please contact me through the Product Q and A.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥