The full writing for informational writing using the book, "Looking at Lincoln" By Maria Kalman. This unit focuses on informational writing specially biographies using research and the entire writing process.
In this lesson you teach students what informational writing is and biographies. Then, they research a famous person. Then, they will write an biography on that person. There are essay options, book options, or single paragraph options.
In this unit:
1. Anchor Charts for Informational Writing & Biographies
2. "Looking at Lincoln" Comprehension Questions
3. Biography Hands-On Lesson
4. Research Pages-QR Codes and Websites for students to use
5. All steps of the writing process (Can do multi paragraph or single paragraph)
6. Biography Project Choices
7. Class Book Cover
8. 2 Rubric Choices
For another informational unit click here:
Informational Writing with What if you had Animal Feet & Hair?!
If you want all types of genres for writing with mentor texts check out my bundle!
Writing with Mentor Texts Bundle