Biography Writing with Looking at Lincoln
Also included in
- Do you want your students to learn to become better writers? This bundle of lessons teaches informational, narrative, persuasive, and opinion writing pieces through high interest mentor texts and writing processes. There are also writing lessons for each type of writing to keep your teaching in writPrice $40.99Original Price $70.99Save $30.00
- This bundle contains 4 informational writing units with mentor texts. Each unit contains the full writing process with a mentor text, a research component, anchor charts, comprehension questions, and hands-on lessons. Check out the included products to see all the units that are included!The units cPrice $9.60Original Price $12.00Save $2.40
The full writing for informational writing using the book, "Looking at Lincoln" By Maria Kalman. This unit focuses on informational writing specially biographies using research and the entire writing process.
In this lesson you teach students what informational writing is and biographies. Then, they research a famous person. Then, they will write an biography on that person. There are essay options, book options, or single paragraph options.
In this unit:
1. Anchor Charts for Informational Writing & Biographies
2. "Looking at Lincoln" Comprehension Questions
3. Biography Hands-On Lesson
4. Research Pages-QR Codes and Websites for students to use
5. All steps of the writing process (Can do multi paragraph or single paragraph)
6. Biography Project Choices
7. Class Book Cover
8. 2 Rubric Choices
What others are saying?
A girl and her dog- I bought this on the dollar deals and have loved it!! There is so much information for writing a biography that I could use it not only for Lincoln, but for other biographies as well. Thank you!
For another informational unit click here:
Informational Writing with What if you had Animal Feet & Hair?!
If you want all types of genres for writing with mentor texts check out my bundle!