Set Includes an EDITABLE Biochemistry PowerPoint and Student Guided Notes Booklet (Microsoft Word Document).
Great for first time teaching the subject.
Guided Notes Booklet Includes:
- Learning Focused Lesson Plan Student Learning Map Cover of essential
questions (which correspond to the PowerPoint).
- Vocabulary list
- Guided Notes
- Learning Focused Lesson Plan Assessment Prompts (Check for Understanding
questions after each main topic).
- Concept Map and Practice Questions
- Grading Rubric and Teacher Comment Section.
NC BIOLOGY ESSENTIAL STANDARDS COVERED:
Bio.4.1.1 Compare the structure and function of each of the listed organic molecules in organisms:
▪ Carbohydrates (glucose, cellulose, starch, glycogen)
▪ Proteins (insulin, enzymes, hemoglobin)
▪ Lipids (phospholipids, steroids)
▪ Nucleic Acids (DNA, RNA)
Bio.4.1.3 Develop a cause and effect model for specificity of enzymes - the folding produces a 3-D shape that is linked to the protein function, enzymes are proteins that speed up chemical reactions (catalysts) by lowering the activation energy, are re-usable and specific, and are affected by such factors as pH and temperature.
Note: Students should understand that enzymes are necessary for all biochemical reactions and have a general understanding of how
enzymes work in terms of the connection between shape and function.