I've created a video which shows how this Task Card Activity is used and why it's so simple yet engaging for your students. It can be found here
This 25 Biology: Cells and Body Systems Task Card resource is unique. It can be utilized in a clue gathering, puzzle solving, highly active and engaging activity and/or as an alternative to worksheet review for High School Biology.
As a special bonus, when you download this freebie, you'll get the complete resource FREE. Get it now while it's available because I won't be doing this for long!
This is a portion of my Biology: Cells and Body Systems Task Card Activity, please click HERE to access the full version.
You may also be interested in these other Task Card Activities.
Space - The Study of the Universe
Biology: Cells and Body Systems
Chemistry - Atoms, Compound Naming and Chemical Reactions
Ecology and Ecosystems
Electricity - Current and Static
Forces and Motion
High School Mathematics:
Polynomials - Binomials and Trinomials
System of Linear Equations
Measurement of 3D Objects
Solving Quadratic Equations
Solving Trigonometry Problems
Area and Perimeter of Polygons Word Problems
Converting between Decimals, Fractions and Percentages
Decimals - Four Basic Operations
Multiplication and Division Word Problems
This activity is perfect for review or to diagnose previous knowledge for senior students.
What you get:
1) Typical task card review.
- 10 of the 16 Task Cards are provided in the sample
- For typical review, you can simply distribute the Task Cards to your class for individual, group or whole class review
- The cue cards can be projected on the board for whole class review
- The cards work well as cue cards, test review, etc.
- A student worksheet as well as teacher answer key are provided
2) Task card review game - High energy, engaging fun! - Sample
- Students perform a scavenger hunt type activity in small groups
- The groups have to match their answers to certain words which spell out a quote
- Once the group has completed each Task Card and put together the quote, they are the winner
- A really exciting an engaging activity which gets your students out of their seats and moving around answering questions
- Great for Review
The game is slightly more in-depth but the instructions are clear, detailed and include examples, you wont have a problem. Give it a try, your students will thoroughly review the unit and will love the activity and challenge the game brings.
- function of various cellular organelles
- cellular respiration
- respiratory system
- circulatory system
- digestive system
- specialized cells and tissues
- organs and organ systems
- plant cells
- cell theory
This activity is directly associated with my Biology Unit - Cells and Body Systems Click HERE for a preview.
Individual Biology lessons associated with the task cards:
Lesson 1 - Cell Theory
Lesson 2 - Cell Structure
Lesson 3 - The Importance of Cell Division
Lesson 4 - Mitosis
Lesson 5 - Cancer: Uncontrolled Cell Division
Lesson 6 - Specialized Cells
Lesson 7 - Human Digestive System
Lesson 8 - Circulatory System
Lesson 9 - Respiratory System
Intermediate Science - Complete Units
Chemistry Unit - Grade 10 - Full Lessons --> 12 Power Points, 238 Slides
Biology Unit – Cells and Body Systems - Full Lessons - 9 Power Points, 251 Slides!
Optics Unit - Physics - Complete Lessons - 11 Power Points, 232 Slides
Electricity Unit - Physics - Complete Lessons - 10 Power Points, 215 Slides
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please come, have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
For my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy
Teach With Fergy