This bundle contains everything you need to teach biology for the entire year- interactive notebook activities, task cards, guided notes, models, labs, study guides, plus more! Many items are editable to tailor to your needs! This even includes a unit planner for every topic so that you get an idea of how to layout and sequence the items in the bundle.
*PLEASE NOTE* This bundle supports distance learning. Biochemistry, Cells, Cell Transport, Cell Division, DNA, Genetics, Ecology, Evolution and Classification contain additional PDFs with links to Google Drive.
There are 10 Complete Unit Plans plus three mini bundles for a total of 13 topics to get you through an entire (and fun!) year of biology. Many editable and differentiated resources are available.
The curriculum is hosted on Dropbox. The benefits to this are that it is quicker and easier to access the updates, and I am not limited to size constraints- which means you get higher quality files! No Dropbox account is required to download the materials. This file is a PDF that takes you to the Dropbox link.
This bundle covers the following topics:
✓ Cell Transport
✓ Cell Division
✓ Protein Synthesis
✓ Cellular Respiration
✓ Population Genetics
The formation of my biology curriculum has been a journey that includes years of designing, fine-tuning, collaborations, researching, and FUN!
Here are some things I did NOT want in my curriculum:
- Heavy language that blocked students ability to absorb the material.
- Items that lacked visuals or were not aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
- Materials that did not bring home the message.
- Outdated material that did not reach diverse learners.
- Materials that were not relevant or engaging.
Here’s what I did want in my curriculum:
- Activities that reach a wide variety of learners and provide differentiation.
- Resources that are designed for student comprehension.
- Materials that offer adaptability so they can work in a wide variety of classrooms.
- Materials that are designed to be aesthetically pleasing (but not overwhelming to the eye).
- Engaging and effective resources.
Who is this curriculum for?
- New Teachers that have limited resources and want a dependable curriculum to help their students.
- Veteran teachers looking to freshen up their curriculum with new ideas and resources.
- Any teacher that has been assigned to teach biology and does not want to reinvent the wheel.
- Any teacher who wants to provide their students with high quality resources that are designed for student comprehension.
What can you expect?
Here are some types of items that are included in the curriculum and bundles:
- Interactive Notebook Option
- Science Literacy
- Engaging classwork
- Task cards that can be used as bellringers, exit tickets, small group work or review.
- Study Guides and other review material such as games ("trashketball"; I have Who Has, Jeopardy)
Each unit plan comes with its own editable planner and optional binder cover to help keep you organized.
Editable resources and adaptability? Yes! Some of the resources are PowerPoints or MS Word docs.
I always offer editable materials when I can.
Why Biology Roots Curriculum?
- Supports differentiation.
- You can easily integrate other materials in case you have some all time favs you’ve already established.
- The curriculum and bundles are completely self-contained. No text book necessary, but one could be used to supplement the curriculum depending on your preferences.
- Offers a wide variety of activities.
- Designed for student comprehension.
- The curriculum is often updated to reflect new standards or ideas.
What other teachers are saying:
"I loved the first unit so much, I purchased the Year's Bundle! Peace of mind & extra time to enjoy my home life / sleep is worth any price. Thanks, Biology Roots! My kids love it. I love it. My administrators have been impressed during multiple observations. Life is good". - Katherine R.
"Wow! I have been teaching for a number of years and this is an incredible resource. I will use all of the units to supplement what I currently use in my classroom. Thank you for so many creative and innovative ideas. I plan on using many of the worksheets for bellringers and exit activities. Thank you!" - Anonymous
Aligned to or supports multiple standards including NGSS and TEKS. Read more here.
The following bundles are included in this curriculum:
2. Cells Bundle
5. DNA bundle
11. Ecology Bundle
12. Mutations Mini Bundle- includes PowerPoint, simulation, and study guide.
Each unit is individually tailored and contain many labs, hands-on activities, and models, as well as many differentiated and editable resources.
Interactive Notebook Activities are offered in this package for the following topics:
✓ Cell Division
✓ Cell Transport
*Cellular respiration and genetic will be added in the future
Examples of types of resources found in this curriculum:
❃ Interactive Notebook Activities
❃ Engaging PowerPoints- always editable and include student notes.
❃ Task Cards
❃ Close Readings
❃ Coloring Activities
❃ Organized and effective practice sheets for student comprehension
❃ Visual and inviting study guides
❃ Project Rubrics
... plus more!
*Also included* are editable unit planners for each unit to use as a sequence guide- as well as some nice binder covers to help organize your new fabulous curriculum!*
This curriculum is chock full of good stuff! You will save so much time with these units. If you were to buy all the resources in this curriculum individually, it would cost $620.00
There are 10 whole units plus 3 supplemental mini units that will last you the entire year of biology. Please look at the preview to get a peek at what this curriculum bundle contains. Looking for a biology curriculum that does not include interactive notebook resources? I've got that, too- check out my biology curriculum bundle (sans INB!)
☆☆Follow me on☆☆
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom only; not to be shared publicly (do not create publicly accessible links).
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or district is prohibited. Failure to comply is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).