This bundle contains everything you need to teach biology for the entire year- task cards, guided notes, models, labs, study guides, plus more! Many items are editable to tailor to your needs! This even includes a unit planner for every topic so that you get an idea of how to layout and sequence the items in the bundle.
*PLEASE NOTE* This bundle supports distance learning. All units contain additional PDFs with links to Google Drive.
there are 10 Complete Unit Plans plus three mini bundles for a total of 13 topics to get you through an entire (and fun!) year of biology. Many editable and differentiated resources are available.
This unit can be used as a stand alone curriculum or as part of an existing curriculum.
The following bundles are included in this curriculum:
2. Cells Bundle
5. DNA bundle
7.Evolution Bundle (includes digital options to support distance learning)
11. Ecology Bundle (includes digital options to support distance learning)
12. Mutations Mini Bundle- includes PowerPoint, simulation, and study guide.
Each unit is individually tailored and contain many labs, hands-on activities, and models, as well as many differentiated and editable resources.
Examples of types of resources found in this curriculum:
❃ Engaging PowerPoints- always editable and include student notes.
❃ Task Cards
❃ Close Readings
❃ Coloring Activities
❃ Organized and effective practice sheets for student comprehension
❃ Visual and inviting study guides
❃ Project Rubrics
... plus more!
Looking for INBs? Please note that my interactive notebook activities are not included this in bundle, but you can get this AND the interactive notebook activities in my Biology Curriculum Bundle Plus INB pack.
The formation of my biology curriculum has been a journey that includes years of designing, fine-tuning, collaborations, researching, and FUN!
Here are some things I did NOT want in my curriculum:
- Heavy language that blocked students ability to absorb the material.
- Items that lacked visuals or were not aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
- Materials that did not bring home the message.
- Outdated material that did not reach diverse learners.
- Materials that were not relevant or engaging.
Here’s what I did want in my curriculum:
- Activities that reach a wide variety of learners and provide differentiation.
- Resources that are designed for student comprehension.
- Materials that offer adaptability so they can work in a wide variety of classrooms.
- Materials that are designed to be aesthetically pleasing (but not overwhelming to the eye).
- Engaging and effective resources.
Who is this curriculum for?
- New Teachers that have limited resources and want a dependable curriculum to help their students.
- Veteran teachers looking to freshen up their curriculum with new ideas and resources.
- Any teacher that has been assigned to teach biology does not want to reinvent the wheel.
- Any teacher who wants to provide their students with high quality resources that are designed for student comprehension.
What can you expect?
Here are some types of items that are included in the curriculum and bundles:
- Interactive Notebook Option
- Science Literacy
- Engaging classwork
- Task cards that can be used as bellringers, exit tickets, small group work or review.
- Study Guides and other review material such as games ("trashketball"; I have Who Has, Jeopardy)
Each unit plan comes with its own editable planner and optional binder cover to help keep you organized.
Editable resources and adaptability? Yes! Some of the resources are PowerPoints or MS Word docs.
I always offer editable materials when I can.
Why Biology Roots Curriculum?
- Supports differentiation.
- You can easily integrate other materials in case you have some all time favs you’ve already established.
- The curriculum and bundles are completely self-contained. No text book necessary, but one could be used to supplement the curriculum depending on your preferences.
- Offers a wide variety of activities.
- Designed for student comprehension.
What other teachers are saying:
"This is a fantastic bundle! I absolutely love how my students are able to learn hands on using these materials. My students especially love the layout of the notes--I mean, what students actually like to take notes? Mine do with these guided notes! Very much interactive. I would highly recommend this to anyone on the fence. It is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY". - Alyssa D.
"I cannot being to explain how amazing this product is. There is so much here and it is so creative and well thought out. Such time and effort was put into this and it shows. I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone. I am a first year biology teacher and so I had a curriculum given to me, but there were so many gaps and less things to help my students understand, I use this as a supplement to my district curriculum. It does an excellent job with labs, hands on, homework, assessment checks, and note break down. Thank you for this amazing product."- Aimee W.
Aligned to or supports multiple standards including NGSS and TEKS. Read more here.
*Also included* are editable unit planners for each unit to use as a sequence guide- as well as some nice binder covers to help organize your new fabulous curriculum!*
This curriculum is chock full of good stuff! You will save so much time with these units. If you were to buy all the resources in this curriculum individually, it would cost $562.09.
There are 10 whole units plus 3 supplemental mini units that will last you the entire year of biology. Please look at the preview to get a peek at what this curriculum bundle contains.
☆☆Follow me on☆☆
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom only; not to be shared publicly (do not create publicly accessible links).
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or district is prohibited. Failure to comply is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).