This product, by It’s Not Rocket Science,
is a compilation of editable daily quizzes or bell ringers to start off each class period. It includes 145 days worth of assessments covering a year’s worth of biology content. Units covered include:
• Biology Basics:
Scientific method, glassware, measurements, and macromolecules
Organelles, transport, mitosis, and cancer
• Energy Flow:
Enzymes, ATP, photosynthesis, cellular respiration, and food webs
DNA structure, replication, protein synthesis, and meiosis
Mendelian genetics, complex inheritance patterns, pedigrees, mutations, and genetic engineering
Natural selection, macroevolution, microevolution, Hardy Weinberg calculations, and phylogeny
Ecological organization, interrelationships of organisms, biogeochemical cycles, taxonomy, and succession
How can I use this?
• As a bell ringer warm up to get students settled for class
• As a daily quiz to assess students each day
• As an exit slip to check for understanding at the end of class
Why should I use this product in my classroom?
I use this as a bell ringer assignment to start off each class period. There are three reasons why I love implementing Prime Times and they have honestly completely transformed my classroom culture. First, I love them because I truly believe the most important time of the class period, the “Prime Time,” is the first 5 minutes in terms of getting students settled in and focused for the day. Second, it is an opportunity for me to check in daily which each student and see how they are keeping up with the content. Third, implementing Prime Times has motivated my students to think about my class daily, because they know when they are at home each night that the next day I will be checking what they know in the Prime Time – so they better be prepared! I hope you will grow to love using this tool and that it will benefit your class as much as it has benefitted mine!
What is included?
• 7 different units of content
• 145 slides for 145 days of bell ringers/daily quizzes, all of which are editable.
• Weekly answer sheets for students
• Answer keys
• 3 pages of implementation notes and helpful hints
What if I just want one unit?
You save over 20% by purchasing as a bundle, but if you would like to buy unit by unit, click the links below.
• Biology Basics
• Energy Flow
What if I teach Physical Science?
I’ve made this for you too! Check out HERE.
Looking for complementary resources?
This product perfectly complements my
• Biology Curriculum Full Year Bundle.
What if I have a question?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to answer any questions you have!
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, blogposts, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name, join my email newsletter
, or follow me on Instagram.
These are the three best ways to keep up with what’s happening at It’s Not Rocket Science!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at a discount by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any website or server – even one for your classroom.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.